I don't remember when I started contributing, only that I cannot remember all the tropes I helped. So I'll try to rehash them here.
I am a Martial Artist, a Rower, a Percussionist, and a writer of Fanfiction. More of an editor/critic really. I like reading good (Heh) fanfiction to see how a creative author can change things. I also really enjoy Warhammer 40k, but I play Dawn of War 2, not the original table-top game. You will find contributions by me on Fanfic Rec pages, as well as several of the Badass pages.
Avid player of Video Games.
Avid Reader/Watcher of Fanfiction and other Internet Originals, along with writing a few to the penname of [[http://www.fanfiction.net/~xenomajor Xeno Major.]]
Reluctant political commentator. Have become publicly neutral after spending four years in Canada.
Lover of Fight Scenes and the [[ForScience Science of Fighting]], as odd as that sounds, it is perfectly reasonable if you understand sparring and fighting.
Deeply Faithful person, yet that does not mean I am intolerant of other religions.
Contemplator of philosophy on the most basic level, a la CalvinAndHobbes.
!!The following tropes apply to USA Bobcat:
* AlwaysIdenticalTwins: Played with, sometimes intentionally. My brother is six years older than me, but the only differences are his [[BadassLonghair longer hair]] and [[BeardOfEvil goatee]], while I have shorter hair and a full beard, which many people think is a deliberate aversion to this trope. My brother and I will occasionally act similar and say we are twins to invoke and exploit this trope, which helped get past certain age restrictions.
* AuthorFilibuster: A few minor ones, mostly on Fridge Logic or on underlying bigotry/racism. I do not, for example, approve of the Colonies in New Battlestar Galatica because of their robo-phobic ways.
* BornLucky / BornUnlucky: My luck is horrendous at times, and ridiculously good at others. It's noticeable enough that [[LampshadeHanging people comment on it]] [[RunningGag all the time.]] [[ItGotWorse My luck also appears]] [[SentientCosmicForce to be sentient,]] as I can predict a lot of long odds [[GoneHorriblyRight either very well]], [[GoneHorriblyWrong or very wrongly.]] By this point, I simply refer to it as [[InsistentTerminology the Devil's Luck]] whenever it is brought up in conversation.
* CommonSense: Hilariously zig-zagged, as I can point out the flaws in other's logic and occasionally correct my own, but am subject to EpicFail once in a while. (Different from a CloudCuckoolander because after the event I recognize that I was being stupid.)
** Notable examples:
--->Correcting someone (wrongly) about what hat I am wearing, ''while'' I am wearing it. For extra points, [[FailedASpotCheck the hat I thought I was wearing was white, while the hat I was actually wearing was]] ''purple.''
--->Numerous instances of showing up to rowing practice wearing ''every'' article of clothing (except shoes) backwards.
--->Forgetting what day it is, [[RunningGag practically once a week.]]
* ConversationalTroping: To the point that I introduced my family to Tropes simply by naming or [[InsistentTerminology trope dropping, as I call it]], in casual conversation. [[BrickJoke After two years of doing this, my family finally began finding mention of Tropes outside of my interactions.]]
* FanFiction: Read a lot, everyday, and have written a few.
* GoodHairEvilHair: I rock the full beard, because my original choice of the [[BeardOfEvil goatee and mustache]] was taken by my older brother and is no longer an option.
** Note: I have since shaved, so this trope only applies ''when'' I have a beard, because when I ''do'' have a beard, [[BadassBeard it is Badass.]]
* MinoredInAssKicking: I've gotten into more than a few fights where the aggressor did not realize that I've studied Karate for several years until he was on the ground clutching at either his throat or [[GroinAttack his groin]] in pain. ''However...''
* MartialPacifist: Enforced and Justified. As an Karate instructor, I try to practice what I preach, as violence always creates more problems than it solves. [[RealityEnsues The fact that a court may or may not judge me differently]] than a normal person because of Karate changing my moral or social obligations has a major part in that.
** To clarify, while the urban legend of Black Belts being regarded as ''deadly weapons'' is not true, as a martial artist the legal definition of "minimum necessary force" is altered to reflect the fact that martial artists know exactly how far they can go, and must limit themselves. For example, a normal person might get away with breaking an aggressor's arm in self-defense, whereas a martial artist will be questioned a little more about it, as breaking a man's arm for a martial artist is a calculated and conscious decision, thus above minimum necessary force.
* MoreDakka: While I try to stay away from politics due to the polarizing effect of an opinion, I ''am'' vocal about gun rights, having grown up in a rural area. More guns are always welcome. ''Always.''
* SelfInsertFic: One for MassEffect, inspired by Inf3tionz's ''FanFic/MassesToMasses''
* YoungerThanTheyLook: I was once asked to buy someone cigarettes because they forgot their wallet, and I had to tell them that I was only sixteen (at the time). Mostly due to [[BadassBeard the full beard I grew during the summer vacation.]]