Once upon a time, there was a guy. And he was bored as fuck. As someone who hangs out on the Internet more than he does anywhere else, he found TvTropes.
[[TvTropesWillRuinYourLife The rest is history]].
Not unlike most tropers, I enjoy video games and anime more than anything else, although I definitely lean more toward the former than the latter. I've been playing games since I was three, though that was only on my friend's N64. I can't quite remember if it was SuperMario64, BanjoKazooie, TheLegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTime, or PokemonStadium that was the first game I ever played, but it was certainly one of those, and may explain my fondness of platformers and RPGs. I only really started gaming seriously with KingdomHearts2, a game that despite its gaping flaws, I cannot properly critique due to planet sized NostalgiaGoogles; the game was the only thing that helped me combat loneliness when I was 10 years old, and it opened my mind to the whole medium.
But I have no qualms over critiquing anything else; one of my favorite hobbies is writing reviews and analysing games (which is partly what brought me here); I have almost the sexual fondness of tearing games apart and pointing out their flaws, if only to make himself feel better. This causes me to be a bit of a CausticCritic, although with some games it's certainly justified.
I really have no definite career ideas at the moment; I love doing humorous presentations for my classes, [[CrossesTheLineTwice regardless of the seriousness of the subject matter]], and I do love reviewing things, so I always thought of being a reviewer of something or another. But despite that, I'm always told I have huge potential, and I honestly do think [[IJustWantToBeSpecial that I could end up being some major politician or lawyer]], but it's still a bit early to decide on that sort of thing.
I use [[http://solidgaming.wordpress.com/ this]] blog to review games; I haven't done much yet, but I plan on revamping that generic design soon and remodeling it to something more to my liking.
!!Games I've Reviewed So Far:
* Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
!!I promise not to overload on the badass tropes:
* AccidentalPublicConfession: [[RuleOfFunny Invoked]]. When I do my presentations, as some sort of joke, I do this, but of course, being scripted, it was completely intentional on my part, and is usually a lie. Still, the audience doesn't realize it until [[CrowningMomentOfFunny they're done laughing]]. Usually followed by some variation of PleaseDisregardThatStatement.
* AllergicToRoutine: And ''how''. As much as possible, I try to avoid falling into a rut, and I refuse to create an actual schedule for myself, despite constant insistence [[StopHelpingMe from various superiors]].
* AlwaysSomeoneBetter: Even on a scale as small as a school or college, no matter how much I excel at a certain subject and lauded as a genius of that area, there always seems to be one motherfucker who upstages me. Averted, now, though, as my presentation skills, both in terms of set-up and speech abilities, have become known as uncomparable.
* AnimalsHateHim: And I wish I knew why. Every cat or dog I pass by on the street seems to want to chew on my neck, and I end up running away from them like some sort of ninny. I've taken to taking any measures to avoiding them, even if it means taking a much, much longer path.
* BadassMoustache: [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin You did read my username, right?]]
* CannotSpitItOut: Hooboy, of all of my flaws, this is the one that screws me over more than anything else.
* TheCynic: Usually not in real life, but when I do my presentations, this is usually the stance I take. Oddly enough, it's a huge reason as to why everyone likes them. It may be because everyone else is willing only to present the facts and nothing else.
* DramaticPause: [[OnceAnEpisode A staple of my presentations]], I usually do this... only to follow it with something either completely irrelevant, or to allow the audience to get a good look at the visual, [[FunnyBackroundEffect which always corresponds to]] [[MeaningfulBackroundEvent what I'm saying]].
* GentlemanSnarker: I'm always polite to people I know, regardless of how close we are... but than I take a stab at them when they least expect it, usually because they said something [[AskADumbQuestion incredibly stupid]]. Never done maliciously, and it usually ends with the target laughing. Of course, [[SelfDeprecation I'm more likely to be the target than anyone else]].
* LargeHam: The other reason everyone enjoys my presentations.*JerkassFacade: I have a bit of a habit to put one up with strangers, just so they understand that I refuse to let them mess with me until I know them better. When with people I know, though, that [[NiceGuy definitely isn't the case]].
* MysteriousPast: I just arrived in America, so this was inevitable. [[InvokedTrope I'm not helping much]], not because I think mysetrious is cool, but because my BackStory is actually a complete clusterfuck, and I don't feel like I need to waste anyone's time explaining it.
* NerdsAreVirgins: And always will be, at this rate.
* NiceGuy: To the point where several people have asked me [[TheChick just how effeminate I am]]. [[DefiedTrope I take a moment to deliver a]] TheReasonYouSuckSpeech to the asker, only for them to sulk away. But really, combined with my near constant snark and LargeHam tendencies, only people really close to me would know just how concerned I am for everyone's well-being; I'd rather cut my arm off than see someone suffering from sadness of depression and have myself not do anything about it.
* SelfDeprecation: PlayedForLaughs, and really, it's something I do almost constantly. People who don't know me very well ask if I suffer from some sort of depression when I'm on a roll. I'm not, of course. [[AgeAppopriateAngst Usually]].
* SilenceIsGolden: When my friends are having a conversation regarding something I never heard about, I keep my mouth shut... save for a snark or two.
* SustainedMisunderstanding: Always invoked, because sometimes I feel like pissing someone off.