A Trainer who lives in Eterna City. His family has been in House Pierrot for many generations.
* FantasticRacism: As a child, Nando's lack of House-born status was a sore spot for him. He got over it eventually.
* InsultOfEndearment: His old nickname for Nando, "Ladybug", becomes one when the two learn to accept each other.
* InTheBlood / HeroicLineage: His family was one of the first families to join House Pierrot. Because of this, he is vehemently against the idea of Trainers not from the "old families" joining his House, saying that only children with Earth Guardian blood can be proper Guardians.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Eventually comes to accept first-generation Guardians.
* MeaningfulName: Aside from following the ThemeNaming of House Pierrot members (trees, plants, or rocks), he's as strong and stubborn as a cedar tree.
* NobleBigot: Despite being biased against Guardians not House-born, he still defends his hometown of Eterna City as best he can, even comforting a frightened young girl when her family's apartment complex is being evacuated due to a fire.
* PapaWolf: He discusses this trope with Nando in "Willow Branches", saying that their training as Guardians was all in preparation to defend their children.
* RealMenWearPink: He's a Grass Guardian, a type usually considered more feminine in-universe than the more "manly" Rock or Steel types. Doesn't hamper his effectiveness in battle a bit.
* ThemeNaming: Everyone in his family is named after a plant or tree. He continues the tradition by naming his daughters Daisy and Willow.
* TookALevelInKindness: As an adult, he's a loving family man with a wife and two children, and made peace with his former rivals, including Nando. Pretty different from the stubborn, hotheaded apprentice who liked to pick fights all the time.