''"Beware of occasional bad attitude."''
Darkton, otherwise known as Darkton93 where just Darkton is taken, is a frequenter of various communities. He varies between writing FanFiction, his animation-centric review series WebOriginal/AssemblyLineTheater, and easy-to-make art projects involving his computer.
In his early day on the internet, he was a loud, violent man who often got into arguments with others and spoke his mind harshly and clearly. 2015 saw him go through what he calls an "Awakening" which made him into a nicer, sweeter man, albeit snarkier and more cynical.
Mostly, Darkton is content to write Playing With articles, feeling that every other trope has already been covered and all that's left to do is come up with variations.
!!Tropes applying to Darkton include...
* AspergerSyndrome: Oh my, yes. Kinda Downplayed in that his writing quality has been said to be quite good by others, unlike [[SoniChu certain other writers with autism]].
** It's not as obvious Post-Awakening, but he will take offence if it's used in a negative way.
* BerserkButton: Hating on autism. Whining. TakeThat jokes. [[DoubleStandard Double Standards]]. [[EagleLand Hating on America]]. [[StrawCharacter Hating on conservatives and republicans]]. The things to set him off are many and unsubtle.
** He really seems to have something against MegaMan. He wants it to die so that the fans can [[WellIntentionedExtremist "understand what whining gets them."]]
*** Actually, it's more complex than that. He views Megaman fans as being completely incapable of feeling joy. He himself likes Megaman, but he views the fans as even worse than the Sonic fanbase. He says he's trying, really, just that "you guys are making it VERY. HARD."
*** He's acknowledged, however, that they're "getting better" as of the release of StreetFighterxMegaMan.
*** ...and he's retracted that with the release of the 25th Anniversary Pack.
** Hating on fans is another big one. He uses the phrases "DISSENTING OPINIONS NOT WELCOME" or "EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO ''MY'' OPINION" when this crops up.
* CatchPhrase: Several.
*** "[[TakeThat (X) sucks.]] Get it? [[DontExplainTheJoke It's funny because it's a true fact,]] [[FanHater and if you disagree you are not only wrong but deserve to be burnt at the stake.]]" Usually in response to TakeThat jokes.
*** The above has simply been replaced by [[DudeNotFunny "That's not funny."]] This is because he realized he [[OverusedRunningGag used the former too much.]]
*** "[[NeverHeardThatOneBefore Overused joke, old joke, let's hear something new.]]" Similar situations to the above, except he usually agrees with the person.
*** "Beware of occasional bad attitude." His most common signature.
*** "[Controversial matter, such as Megaman not getting an anniversary or the Nostalgia Critic throwing in the towel.] To which I say... [link to a video of [[DragonBall Vegeta]] laughing maniacally]" His usual response to stuff that he considers good news but most consider bad.
*** "Hello, Megaman whiner!" His reaction to any Megaman fan. Usually followed by a rebuttal.
*** Variations off the phrase "What we call "(simple statement)." to sardonically point out flaws. Example being: "What we here in Review-Land call 'a problem.'"
*** "(lololsomature)" His response to name-calling.
*** "Who the HELL do you think I am?" When someone harshly mistakes him for something he's not, like a typical internet critic.
*** "Part fools from their money." Variation off the proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted."
* [[ChivalrousPervert Chivalrous]] [[LoliCon Lolicon]]: He appreciates the young form and finds it cute, but he doesn't advocate pornography and prefers drawn children with private parts [[SceneryCensor hidden]] or [[BarbieDollAnatomy invisible.]]
* DeadpanSnarker: Post-Awakening.
* [[DefrostingIceQueen Defrosting Ice King]]: His Awakening made him nicer and sweeter, albeit more sardonic.
* FanHater: Downplayed. He won't fault you if you like something. He just hates you if you're an [[FanDumb obssessive fan]] of something.
** Case in point, Megaman. He's willing to acknowledge when Megaman fans are nice. He just hates the majority of them for being "completely incapable of feeling joy".
* GenreShift: He's had numerous different hobbies. Most of his Pre-Awakening work was writing, Post-Awakening he goes in and out between pixel art, critiquing animation, and coloring art that had no colors before.
* NakedPeopleAreFunny: Some of his fics involve this. Curiously, he tends to apply this to female characters, especially young girls, as a reaction to the frequency of this trope being used on young boys.
* OriginalFlavor: Very stern about this when it applies to fanfics, believing they should read like an episode, for better or worse.
* OutOfFocus: Believes this way about MegaMan, compared to [[StreetFighter Ryu]], who he believes has [[AscendedExtra become Capcom's new mascot]].
* PerpetualPoverty: Often talks about his lack of money. Maybe because he keeps spending it...
* PurpleProse: No, not his fiction, but a lot of his dialogue involves extended metaphors, especially relating to Assembly Line Theater.
** "How ironic that when people see the rat in live-action, they sentence it to Public Execution by Razzie, [[AnimationAgeGhetto but claim the animated rat is a hamster and feed it.]] Well, speaking as your guy's neighbor with an empty pantry because of a damn rat infestation, I'd just like to say, [[ThisIsForEmphasisBitch thanks, you son of a bitch.]] Thanks for wrecking everything."
* SelfDeprecation: Consider that this article is almost entirely negative. Also consider that most of it was written by him. Indeed, he seems to have no problem realizing when he's shot his own mouth off.
* SingleIssueWonk: Get him started on the MegaMan fanbase. There will be accusations of whining and "being incapable of feeling joy".
* SpellMyNameWithAnS: The official subtitles are his most commonly used terms for Anime characters. [[AvertedTrope Don't expect him to]] [[GannonBanned hate you for using the wrong term]], though.
** Post-Awakening, he tends to come up with unusual spellings based on his own interpretations of what the meaning should be. It's most noticeable in Manga/DragonBall related manners, where he has all sorts of unusual spellings not reflecting any dub or sub ("Reacm" instead of "Recoome" or "ReaCoom.", but still pronounced like the latter two.)
* TheSpock: Post-Awakening, his best friends are logic, psychology, and sociology backed by a lot of research. He doesn't like to argue based on emotion.
* TeamSwitzerland: Mostly neutral on controversial matters. In fact, the thing he hates most is not the decision itself, but the [[InternetBackdraft reaction]] to the decision.
* YouKeepUsingThatWord: FanBoy, to refer to an irrational fan (of which he thinks there's a lot of). In contrast, he uses FanGirl to refer to someone who's obsessed with a particular Character.
** "Whining" seems to be common to him. However, what he deems as whining is usually more like [[Recap/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS1E19ADogAndPonyShow complaining]].
!!Notable works by Darkton include...
* Fanfic/DarkStudiosKidsNextDoor (A series of fanfics revolving around a virtual season of the KND set after ZERO but before Season 6.)
* WebOriginal/AssemblyLineTheater (A series of text reviews of animated movies that focus on how original they are.)
!!Tropes Darkton uses a lot in his work include...
* DeconstructionFic: Lots of these play off of common fan tropes and twisting them. One example would be his [[WesternAnimation/ThePowerpuffGirls Powerpuff]] [[OriginalCharacter OC]] Belle, who has a familiar look to what Bunny would look like if she were "normal." However, because she was born a different way and was created by someone other than the Girls, she has none of her traits and is essentially someone who looks a little like her. The [[AnAesop Aesop]] seems to be "You're not really including Bunny in your story, so stop pretending!"
* InvertedTrope: Especially GenderInvertedTropes.
* LetsSeeYouDoBetter: Much of his work is basically him saying "Okay" to this challenge.
* OriginalCharacter: Often to include something the series couldn't have before.
* TropesAreFlexible: Loves to use unusual variants of tropes. Note a majority of his articles are Playing With articles.
* UniversalAdaptorCast: Has a set of characters who appear in multiple different works, one lent out to one of his friends.
[[DragonBall Goku]]: [[DoomRepercussionsOfEvil "No! I must kill the Saiyans!"]]
[[KnightOfCerebus Raditz]]: [[WhamLine "No Goku, you are the Saiyans!"]]
[[AndThenJohnWasAZombie And then Goku was an alien.]]