* AccidentallyAccurate: In his review of ''VideoGame/DiabloIII'' he decried the use of procedurally-generated dungeons, comparing it to a book with randomly ordered chapters: "If a book randomly rearranged its chapters with every read, then every chapter would have its characters doing fuck all, because the plot wouldn't make sense otherwise. So the end result will always be a fucking boring book." [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unfortunates Someone actually did write such a book]], in which the chapters are unbound and can be read in any order, and true enough, nothing much happens in any given chapter. It's open to debate whether the end result is a boring book however.
* DeliberateFlawRetcon: He's been known to do this on behalf of games he's particularly fond of, such as arguing that the clunky, awkward combat in the ''Franchise/SilentHill'' series aids in building the atmosphere and tension.
* FunnyCharacterBoringActor: In contrast to the witty, fast talking personality he has on the show, Croshaw is actually a socially awkward introvert. He even specifically requests that fans not approach him if they recognize him, as he is uncomfortable with interacting with his fans.
* MarthDebutedInSmashBros: [[invoked]] He never even heard of Marth before playing ''Brawl'', and based on his other reviews, shouting "Franchise/FireEmblem" (or "VideoGame/FireEmblemAkaneia", which is where Marth ''actually'' debuted) loud enough near him [[BrownNote will cause his brain to explode.]]
** Obviously considering he's a video game critic, but he's also been known to throw around the sort of terminology you normally only see on ThisVeryWiki (GenreDeconstruction for example). Who knows, he might even be a user.
** He has directly referred to this wiki in his [[LetsPlay/LetsDrownOut Let's Drown Out]] series.
* WikiRule: [[http://zeropunctuation.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page Yes, seriously]].