* MoneyDearBoy: This movie was made solely because the Beatles were contractually obligated to make a third movie. They learned belatedly that, since this was an animated movie that did not quite star them, it didn't count. They did like it enough to make a short cameo appearance, though.
* RealitySubtext: When the sub's motor breaks down, George comments that he "knows something about motors." He would, as George Harrison's brother was a mechanic.
** The aforementioned ContrivedCoincidence.
-->'''Lord Mayor''': Your faces...
-->'''Paul''': [[MythologyGag They're quite cute, really.]]
** Aged-down Ringo crying "I want me mum!" Ringo was known to be [[MamasBoy very close with his mother]].
* TheOtherDarrin: Peter Batten, the one-time actor who voiced George, was in reality a deserter from the British Army, unbeknownst to the staff of the movie. When he was arrested for deserting, Paul Angelis, the voice of Ringo and the Chief Blue Meanie, stepped in to finish the rest of George's lines.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The remake by Creator/RobertZemeckis, due to [[Film/MarsNeedsMoms his previous film's]] [[BoxOfficeBomb poor performance]].
* WritingByTheSeatOfYourPants: The film began production without an ending.