* [[BannedInChina Banned In Germany]]: For [[UsefulNotes/WorldWarII obvious]] [[NoSwastikas reasons]].
* FanNickname: Pushable walls were quickly christened "pushwalls".
** For German speaking countries where the above was in sanction, the game was nicknamed "Hundeschlitten 4C" in early internet message boards and software distribution sites.
* PortOverdosed: But of course. ''Wolfenstein'' has been released almost as many times as ''Doom''.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The game was originally intended to draw a ''lot'' more stealth elements from Castle Wolfenstein. For starters, hiding corpses.
** Even before that, it was going to be an alien-themed game with the most awesome title ever: ''It's Green and Pissed!''
** ''RiseOfTheTriad'' was originally a sequel to Wolf 3D.
* TakeThat: Super Noah's Ark 3D was a big TakeThat to Nintendo. Id was angry about how Nintendo had censored the SNES port of Wolfenstein 3D. So they outright gave the source code to Wisdom Tree and helped them get the Super Noah's Ark 3D mod running on the SNES (the SNES already had the engine operational, the game was basically just a mod, not much different from the many Doom mods you can still find today). So the game is basically one gigantic middle finger from John Carmack and John Romero to Nintendo's SNES-era censorship policies.
* TechnologyMarchesOn: The limited lives, score counter and the dated sound effects makes this game far more dated than it's FPS contemporaries.
* WordOfGod: After years of speculation, the creators finally confirmed that yes, [[http://kotaku.com/yes-this-nazi-killing-video-game-hero-was-of-jewish-de-1535290776 B.J. is Jewish on his mother's side]].