* [[BannedInChina Banned In Germany]]: For [[UsefulNotes/WorldWarII obvious]] [[NoSwastikas reasons]].
* FanNickname: Pushable walls were quickly christened "pushwalls".
* PortOverdosed: But of course. ''Wolfenstein'' has been released almost as many times as ''Doom''.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The game was originally intended to draw a ''lot'' more stealth elements from Castle Wolfenstein. For starters, hiding corpses.
** Even before that, it was going to be an alien-themed game with the most awesome title ever: ''It's Green and Pissed!''
** ''RiseOfTheTriad'' was originally a sequel to Wolf 3D.
* TechnologyMarchesOn: The limited lives, score counter and the dated sound effects makes this game far more dated than it's FPS contemporaries.
* WordOfGod: After years of speculation, the creators finally confirmed that yes, [[http://kotaku.com/yes-this-nazi-killing-video-game-hero-was-of-jewish-de-1535290776 B.J. is Jewish on his mother's side]].