* AcclaimedFlop: The show was generally well received (more in later episodes, but still apparent early on), but low ratings meant no season 3.
* FanNickname: Some fans prefer to call Matt as [="BatMatt"=] since the release of New Power saga.
** LoveBeforeFirstSight (comics)
** Creator/SteveBlum as Blunk.
** Creator/DeeBradleyBaker as Cedric.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: The ''creators'' of the series got screwed out of it halfway through the first arc! Disney Italia dismissed them, and thus the rest of the story went in a different direction than what was intended. If one reads Issue 7, this change becomes obvious (Elyon suddenly pulls a HeelFaceTurn and is revealed as "The Light of Meridian", she and Cornelia are suddenly said to be best friends, Caleb is introduced out of nowhere as Cornelia's literal dream man, Phobos comes out of the shadows sooner than one would expect, the general story changes its focus to the Crown of Light, etc, etc.)
-->'''Alessandro Barbucci & Barbara Canepa:''' "We conceived of "W.I.T.C.H." together with Elisabetta Gnone, the then director of girls publications for Disney. We worked for three years in secret on it and she then presented the project to the big bosses at Disney. They thought that this project was crazy, a sure-fire bomb, complete waste of time, and that mangas wouldn't have a chance in Europe anyway (!!!). However, we didn't let ourselves be led astray and worked for another year on it anyway, with a tiny budget and without publicity. And then the series became a worldwide hit. The official version from Disney is, of course, that "W.I.T.C.H." is a product of their brilliant, visionary marketing strategy...the end of the series was then taken out of our hands, we actually had something a lot more intelligent planned for it. Now, as you can see, Elisabetta Gnone and the two of us no longer work for Disney...a really sad story."
** Meanwhile, low ratings foiled Greg Weisman's plans for a third season of the cartoon- as per usual for him.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Peter, Nigel, Eric, Martin and Alchemy were intended to play a larger role in the cartoon's cancelled third season.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://witch.wikia.com/wiki/W.I.T.C.H.ipedia Here]] is the wikia for the comic/cartoon.
* WordOfGay: Creator/GregWeisman (Supervising Producer and Story Editor of the second season) [[http://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=8857 believes Irma is a lesbian]], and that Nerissa is bisexual... once being lovers with Cassidy: "You have no idea what she meant to me."
* WordOfGod: Because Will controls Quintessence, she is the most powerful of W.I.T.C.H. and one of the most powerful beings in the universe.
** ...which is ironic considering she didn't have any offensive powers whatsoever in the first season.