* CreatorBacklash: In an interview conducted with ''World'' Magazine in 2011, Phil Vischer, who no longer has any control of ''Veggie Tales'' or of ''Big Idea'', said that he now considers the series something of a disappointment due to him using it just to teach basic morals rather than specific Christian beliefs (something he decided to rectify in his new series, ''Jelly Telly'', which he produces through his new company, ''Jellyfish L.L.C.'').
** Though a podcast Phil posted (which no longer exists) says that he still likes working with the show, and knows that it's in good hands with Doug [=TenNapel=].
** There was another recent podcast that he didn't mind the new designs of the characters, though he thinks Jimmy looks kinda scary with his new teeth.
* CrossDressingVoices: Junior is voiced by Lisa Vischer, Phil Vischer's wife.
* FakeBrit: Phil Vischer, Iowa-native and cofounder of Big Idea, does the voice for Archibald Asparagus, Scallion 1, and the [[VocalEvolution increasingly-similar-sounding]] "Silly Songs" narrator.
* DevelopmentHell: The idea to adapt the story of Noah was pitched in 1998 but ditched in favor of what became ''[[WesternAnimation/JonahAVeggieTalesMovie Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie]]'' because 'the fur would've killed us!'. The story will finally be tackled for a show set to be released in March 2015 (more than 15 years after the original idea was proposed).
* EditedForSyndication: When the show aired on qubo, any religious references were cut out. For example, in "Dr. Jiggle and Mr. Slide", "You're special just the way God made ya!" was cut to "You're special!" Sometimes, scenes that weren't religious at all were cut for time constraints. For instance, the line in "Larry-Boy! And the Fib From Outer Space" where LarryBoy says that he is tired, hungry, and he has to go to the bathroom was cut for an odd reason, probably to allow more commercials to run.
* NoBudget: A running visual gag in the early episodes is that the veggies are throwing the show together with whatever resources they have available. Many of the sets are clearly painted cardboard sitting on the countertop.
* TheOtherDarrin: Mom Asparagus has been voiced by at least five different (possibly six if her appearance in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qKmOhjs8U Take 38]] as [[EarlyInstallmentWeirdness Archie's wife]] is counted) people as of 2014 [[note]]In chronological order: Gail Freeman (1993), Lisa Vischer (1997 & 2010 but still does her singing voice), Jackie Ritz (2002 - 2004), Megan Murphy (2006), and Keri Pisapia (2011 onwards)[[/note]].
** There is currently at least one known instance of Bob the Tomato being voiced by someone other than Phil Vischer. He was voiced by [[https://www.facebook.com/john.trauscht/info?collection_token=1541002119%3A2327158227%3A8 John Trauscht]] for one of the live touring shows due to negotiation issues in Phil's contract.
** Starting in 2014, Junior Asparagus has been voiced by TressMacNeille replacing Lisa Vischer whose had the role since his debut in 1993.
** Laura has been voiced by at least six different people since her debut in 1995 [[note]]In chronological order: Kristin Blegen (1995 - 2002, 2005), Jackie Ritz (2004 - 2005), Megan Murphy (2009), Keri Pisapia (2011 - 2013), Gigi Abraham (2014, ''Celery Night Fever'') and TressMacNeille (2014 - present) [[/note]].
** Madame Blueberry has been voiced by five different people since her debut in 1998 [[note]]In chronological order: Megan Moore-Burns (1998), Gail Freeman (1999), Jackie Ritz (2002 - 2009), Megan Murphy (2005 - 2014), and TressMacNeille (2014 - present) [[/note]].
** Similar to Junior, TressMacNeille has been doing the voice of Petunia Rhubarb since 2014 replacing her original voice actress Cydney Trent whose voiced her since her debut in 2005.
** Annie has gone through three different voices since her debut in 1996 due to her two previous voice actors going through puberty.
** Scallion #3 was originally voiced by Mike Sage from 1993 - 2003. Even since 2006, he's now voiced by Brian K. Roberts.
** [[Creator/RobPaulsen Rob Paulsen]] replaces Phil Vischer as Mr. Nezzer (known now as Ichabezzer) in ''VeggieTales in the House''.
** Some other minor characters have also had different voices over the years.
** Larry plays a villainous character in ''King George and the Ducky''.
** In ''Josh and the Big Wall'', Mr. Nezzer gets a cameo as Moses, and in ''Lord of the Beans'', he plays Randalf. In both cases, he is playing a character who is good and wise. Typically the characters he plays lack either goodness (at first), wisdom, or both.
* RealLifeRelative: Done this very much since the show's run. Junior Asparagus is voiced Phil's wife, Lisa.
** Annie was originally voiced by Phil and Mike's daughters Shelby and Ally. She is currently voiced by Brian Roberts' daughter, Maggie.
* RecycledScript: '''Twas the Night Before Easter'' has the same plot as ''The Star of Christmas''. Protagonist wants to teach the city to love through theater, senses competition, tries to keep making the show more spectacular, gets desperate, and does something wrong. Then their plans all go awry when [[spoiler: the theater burns down.]] Protagonist learns a lesson.
* TalkingToHimself: Creators Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki voice most of the main cast and any minor characters who [[ThoseTwoGuys occur in pairs]].
** The whole concept was originally going to be centered around a cast of candy bars, but Phil Vischer saw his wife's point after hearing it: "You know, parents will be mad if you make their kids fall in love with candy bars."
** The "Larry's Lagoon" segment of ''God Wants Me to Forgive Them?!?'' was originally going to have Larry crash the boat by having his daydream be his nose coming off and flying around his face. This was considered too hallucinogenic and replaced with him daydreaming about being an iceberg smashing captain.
*** Speaking of Larry-Boy, the opening scene of him with the Milk Money Bandit in ''Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed'' was originally written for ''Larry-Boy & the Fib from Outer Space!''.
** Gaspard the skunk's role in ''Sweetpea Beauty'' was originally written for the porcupine from ''Jonah'' who was to be named Gaspard. However, the skunk became Gaspard after it became too difficult to animate the porcupine due to the model's age[[note]]The porcupine still makes a brief cameo during the song "More Beautiful"[[/note]].
* TheWikiRule: Has a few of them. The list includes...
** [[http://veggietales.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page VeggieTales Wikia]]
** [[http://veggietalesitsforthekids.wikia.com/wiki/VeggieTales_-_It%27s_For_the_Kids!_Wiki VeggieTales - It's for Kids Wiki]]
** [[http://bigidea.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Idea_Wiki Big Idea Wika]], which is a recently created one, but it also contains info about other shows, such as [[WesternAnimation/ThreeTwoOnePenguins 3-2-1 Penguins!]], and it's more based after [[http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page Homestar Runner Wiki]].
** ''Larry-Boy and the League of Superheroes'' became ''The League of Incredible Vegetables''.
** ''[=MacLarry=] and the Barber-barians'' became ''[=MacLarry=] and the Stinky Cheese Battle''.
** ''Miracle at Spring Valley Mall'' became ''Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas''.