* AudienceParticipation: During the viewings of the movie, the audience would throw popcorn and bologna slices, as well as counting down to when Joshua "pisses on hospitality".
** At B-Fest 2010, the ''entire room'' joined in on the "Oh my goooooooooooood".
* DolledUpInstallment: The movie originally had the more appropriate title ''Goblins''.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The costumes were designed by Laura Gemser of ''Emmanuelle'' fame. That's right: the costumes were made by an actress famous for... not wearing clothes.
* NamesTheSame: Lampshaded on the RiffTrax: when Diane refers to her husband as "Farmer Waits", Mike Nelson, amused, starts singing "Old [=MacDonald=] Had a Farm" in a TomWaits impression.
* PropRecycling: Two masks from this movie were reused in ''Quest for the Mighty Sword'', sequel to ''TheBladeMaster''. For this reason, it's sometimes released as ''Troll 3''.
* ThrowItIn: In the original script, Joshua stops the family from eating the corrupted food by making a scene, namely, by jumping on a chair and yelling he's possessed. The day the scene was shot, Claudio Fragasso (the director) turned to the boy playing Joshua and told him, "Possessed, boring, bullshit. You piss on the table." A legend was born.
* ShowWithinAShow: The movie the guys are watching in the RV is an Italian film called 'Grunt!'