* ChildrenVoicingChildren: Both Jason and Michelle Conrad had two child voice actors. Jason's first voice actor, Mark Marten, was around 7-9 years old. His second voice actor, Quinn Lord, was 7 years old. Michelle's first voice actress, Melissa Peterson, was around 7-9 years old. Her second voice actress, Claire Corlett, was around 7 years old.
* CowboyBebopAtHisComputer: [=LocateTV'=]s description for the show reads as follows: "Follow the adventures of Jason and Michelle, a pair of young penguin twins". One has to wonder if they even bothered to watch the show, or even look at promotional art, as anyone can tell you that Jason and Michelle are a pair of ''human'' twins. The eponymous penguins are the four penguins (Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel, and Kevin) whom Jason and Michelle go on adventures with, and not Jason and Michelle themselves.
* TheOtherDarrin: Jason, Michelle, and the Penguins got new voice actors when the series got renewed for T.V. due to the original actors not being available and Jason's and Michelle's voice actors were grown up.
** Grandmum got a new voice actress three times.
* DawsonCasting: Averted, since Jason's and Michelle's voice actors were around their age.
* FakeAustralian: Midgel is voiced by Greg Mills and Paul Dobson, an American and Canadian.
* FanCommunityNicknames: One fan coined the terms prenguess (portmanteau of "penguin" and "princess") and princeguin (portmanteau of "penguin" and "prince").
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: For a while, only 13 out of the 20 episodes from the television series were released on DVD. Hulu did had them up for free, up until July 2016. This is averted after Hulu's takedown, as Big Idea released all the episodes on DVD.
* NowWhichOneWasThatVoice: Type 3, the only supporting characters who have their voices credited are Admiral Strap and Sol.
* PlayingAgainstType: Paul Dobson, who usually voices a cunning evil villain or a thuggish strong guy, voices Midgel in the T.V. version, who is neither of these things.
** Lee Tockar is notable for playing either super obnoxious or below average intelligence characters. Here, he plays super-smart, anxiety-ridden Fidgel.
* ShrugOfGod: It's never clearly established whether Jason and Michelle were daydreaming their adventures or if they really happened.
* UnCanceled: Four years after the sixth direct-to-video episode was released, NBC renewed the series for T.V. And then it got re-canceled in 2008 because it wasn't getting as many views as expected.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: [[WordOfGod According to Tim Hodge]], an arc in the series where the Penguins crew have to chase Cavitus because he has the Metric Magnetic Matter Disperser was originally going to be added. In it, Fidgel needs to fix the galeezel so Jason and Michelle can return back to normal size at the end of the series. However, this was changed because they still wanted Grandmum in the series. Though they kept the idea of fixing the galeezel in the first and last episodes of the series.
* WorkingTitle: ''3-2-1 Penguins!'' was originally going to be ''Jason and the Penguinauts''.