* CowboyBebopAtHisComputer: [=LocateTV'=]s description for the show reads as follows: "Follow the adventures of Jason and Michelle, a pair of young penguin twins". One has to wonder if they even bothered to watch the show, or even look at promotional art, as anyone can tell you that Jason and Michelle are a pair of ''human'' twins. The eponymous penguins are the four penguins (Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel, and Kevin) whom Jason and Michelle go on adventures with, and not Jason and Michelle themselves.
* TheOtherDarrin: Jason, Michelle, and the Penguins got new voice actors when the series got renewed for T.V. due to the original actors not being available and Jason's and Michelle's voice actors were grown up.
** Grandmum got a new voice actress three times.
* DawsonCasting: Averted, since Jason's and Michelle's voice actors were around their age.
* FakeAustralian: Midgel is voiced by Paul Dobson, a Canadian.
* NowWhichOneWasThatVoice: Type 3, the only supporting character who has their voice credited is Admiral Strap.
* PlayingAgainstType: Paul Dobson, who usually voices a cunning evil villain or a thuggish strong guy, voices Midgel in the T.V. version, who is neither of these things.
** Lee Tockar is notable for playing either super obnoxious or below average intelligence characters. Here, he plays super-smart, anxiety-ridden Fidgel.
* UnCanceled: Four years after the sixth direct-to-video episode was released, NBC renewed the series for T.V.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: [[WordOfGod According to Tim Hodge]], an arc in the series where the Penguins crew have to chase Cavitus because he has the Metric Magnetic Matter Disperser was originally going to be added. In it, Fidgel needs to fix the galeezel so Jason and Michelle can return back to normal size at the end of the series. However, this was changed because they still wanted Grandmum in the series. Though they kept the idea of getting the galeezel back in the first and last episodes of the series.
* WorkingTitle: ''3-2-1 Penguins!'' was originally going to be ''Jason and the Penguinauts''.