!!The 1987 movie
* DyeingForYourArt: [=DeNiro=] gained 30 pounds for his role as Capone, and (allegedly) even insisted on wearing the same clothes Capone did, right down to his silk underwear.
* FakeNationality: Sean Connery as an Irishman, Cuban-American Andy Garcia as an Italian-American (first generation).
* HeyItsThatGuy: Recognize the alderman who present's Capone's bribe to Ness early in the film? That would be Chicago teacher/actor/improv superhero Del Close.
* StarMakingRole: For KevinCostner and Andy Garcia.
* ThrowItIn: Costner ad-libbed the line "He's in the car," after [[spoiler:throwing Nitti off of the roof]].
** HarrisonFord turned down the role of Eliot Ness.
** Bob Hoskins was cast as Al Capone, but was paid a bundle of money once [=DePalma=] brought [=DeNiro=], the director's first choice all along, onboard.