* The restaurant chain Ruby Tuesday is named after the Rolling Stones song.
* ExecutiveMeddling: Many examples:
** The Oldham-Stewart issue
** The alteration of the title of "Star Star"
** The Stones' use of drugs forced them to break away from Oldham, and Brian Jones left when it became clear that he couldn't escape drug addiction.
* OldShame: While still circulated, ''Their Satanic Majesties Request'' is often considered this.
* ThePeteBest: Ian Stewart, although he still toured and recorded with the band as a session musician and roadie after being forcibly removed from the official lineup.
* Creator/JohnnyDepp has mentioned in various interviews that, as he observed that pirates were probably the rock stars of their time, modeled [[Franchise/PiratesOfTheCaribbean Captain Jack Sparrow]] after Keith Richards, who he felt was the ultimate rock star. Keith even made appearances in a few of the franchises' later movies as Jack's father to [[CastingGag allude to that]].