* ActorAllusion: AudienceParticipation will sometimes refer to Charles Gray's time playing Blofeld in ''Film/DiamondsAreForever''.
** Creator/SusanSarandon refuses to talk about the movie, but not for the usual reasons. It's because she hates the fact that ''none'' of the cast members get royalties from the DVD sales.
** Creator/TimCurry was ''very'' reluctant to talk about the film for years and even told Creator/VH1 that he grew "chubby and plain" in order to try escaping the role. These days, he's more open to talk about the film and even sees it as a "Rite of passage" for teenagers.
** Peter Hinwood (Rocky) is only slightly embarrassed by being in the film. Contrary to popular rumor, he's ''never'' thrown anyone out of his shop for talking about the film. He only sees the film as a "part of the past" and rarely talks about it.
* DevelopmentHell: Richard O'Brien has been mulling over making a direct sequel [[note]] ''Film/ShockTreatment'' doesn't count! [[/note]] to the original stage show for years. However, so far, all that's been seen are a few scrapped scripts and a vague concept that involves Frank coming back to life, though he's apparently written the first act to the sequel.
* DyeingForYourArt: In the original stage show, Creator/TimCurry dyed his hair peroxide blonde.
* EnforcedMethodActing: Several examples:
** Tim Curry was the only one who knew Eddie's corpse would be under the table. All of the reactions from the actors as he tears the tablecloth away are genuine.
** For the scene where Dr. Scott is dragged into the laboratory via electromagnet[[note]]GO, SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER, GOOOOO![[/note]], the production designers realized they forgot to build a door for him. What did they decide to do instead? Use him to knock down the friggin' wall.[[note]]HEY, KOOL-AID! OH YEAHHHHHH.[[/note]]
* FanNickname: Say it with me now....ASSHOLE! (Brad) SLUT! (Janet).
** Not yet for Janet, give her time!
*** Or money!
**** We gave her a chance, she blew it and Rocky!
* FanCommunityNickname: Interestingly, only applies to a specific subset of the fandom: those who have never seen this movie in a theater with a live cast as part of the AudienceParticipation are referred to as "virgins" while those who've seen it regularly are called "sluts."
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[Film/DiamondsAreForever Ernst Stavro Blofeld]] is The Criminologist.[[note]][[AudienceParticipation THAT MAN HAS NO NECK!]][[/note]]
** In one of the stage play versions, [[Series/BuffyTheVampireSlayer Giles]] (Anthony Head) played Frank N Furter. The still shots and the track of Anthony singing Sweet Transvestite are widely viewable online.
** Eddie is Music/MeatLoaf!
*** NOT [=MEATLOAF=] AGAIN!!!
** One of the dancers during "Hot Patootie" is [[Series/AreYouBeingServed Mrs. Slocum]].
** On Norwegian stage, Columbia is [[WesternAnimation/TotalDrama Leshawna]].
* HeyItsThatVoice: In the 2010 Blu-Ray dub released in Japan...
** Creator/MasashiEbara is Doctor Frank-N-Furter
** Creator/KazuhikoInoue is Brad/Asshole
** GaraTakashima is Janet/Slut
** MasaruIkeda is Riff Raff
** RihokoYoshida is Magenta
** KumikoTakizawa is Columbia
** KeiYoshimizu is Doctor von Scott
** ToshiyaUeda is the Criminologist
* IAmNotSpock: Go watch any movie/show with Creator/TimCurry in it. Chances are, "[[EarWorm Sweet Transvestite]]" will start playing in your head.
* MexicansLoveSpeedyGonzales: A lot of British people like the film due to most of the cast being British actors. Also, performances of the original stage show, The Rocky Horror Show, are more common to find in the UK than the United States, where showings of the movie with shadowcasts are more common than the stage show.
* VocalEvolution: In the original stage shows, Tim Curry originally played Frank with a German accent. He quit after a few shows, as he decided it was easier to just use his normal accent. Also, compare [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcb41SZO_Ys the original stage version of "Time Warp"]] to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZanHo6Wn1H4 the more well-known film version]]. Can you believe that's Richard O'Brien and Patricia Quinn in both versions?
** Before Jim Sharman decided to use most of the original West End cast, ''[[Music/TheRollingStones Mick Jagger]]'' auditioned for the part of Frank.
** Creator/SteveMartin auditioned for the part of Brad.
** '''Creator/VincentPrice''' auditioned for the part of The Criminologist.
** According to Meat Loaf, ElvisPresley was the studio's first choice to play Eddie in the film version, and apparently Elvis actually had expressed some interest in doing so.
* WordOfGod: According to Richard O'Brien, it was actually Riff Raff who did most of the work on Rocky. Riff's line "Everything is in readiness, master. We merely await your... word". is pretty clearly a stab at Dr. Furter.
* WordOfSaintPaul: Creator/TimCurry has stated that Frank is actually "pansexual."