* ActingForTwo: Fred Gwynne also played Herman's ne'er-do-well brother Charlie.
* DevelopmentHell: A prospective [[TheFilmOfTheSeries feature film adaptation]] was trapped in this for years in the mid-'00s, with the Wayans Brothers attached at one point, before the idea was ultimately scrapped.
* DuelingShows: ''Series/TheAddamsFamily''.
* IAmNotSpock: Averted. Al Lewis loved his Grandpa Munster character, and eagerly exploited it.
** Played more or less straight with Fred Gwynne, who, despite being fond of the role, spent some years distancing himself from Herman until he was given a sweetheart deal to be in the 1981 TV movie ''The Munsters' Revenge''.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: The 1973 animated special The Mini-Munsters, the television movie Here Come the Munsters, and the revival series The Munsters Today.
* MoneyDearBoy: Yvonne de Carlo really did not care for the show. She only took the job because her husband (a stuntman) was badly injured, and they had exhausted most of their savings on medical bills.
** Beverly Owen only appeared on the show because she was contractually obligated to do so.
** Beverly Owen played Marilyn in the first 13 episodes but she was so unhappy that Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis had to convince Universal to release her from her contract. Pat Priest then took over the role, but the two actresses were so similar in appearance that no one noticed. They were so similar, in fact, that Priest was able to wear Owen's wardrobe without any alterations.
*** Later still, Debbie Watson then took on the role for the following movie, ''Munster, Go Home!''
*** And Jo [=McDonell=] played her in ''The Munsters' Revenge''.
** Recurring character Dr. Dudley was played by Paul Lynde for his first few appearances, but in his last appearance he was played by Creator/DomDeLuise instead.
** Also, in the pilot there were different actors for Eddie and Lily (who was called Phoebe). Eddie was also a ''lot'' more feral and vicious in appearance and personality, which is especially ironic given his actor's name: ''Happy'' Derman.
* ThePeteBest: Marilyn was originally played by Beverly Owen, but only for the first two-and-a-half months the series was on. When she left the series, Pat Priest took over the role.
* RecycledScript: Both the original 1960's show and the 1980's revival series The Munsters Today had an episode titled "Just Another Pretty Face". Both episodes involved Herman getting struck by lightning and turned into a human who was portrayed by Herman's normal actor sans makeup.
* VindicatedByReruns: For a number of years during TheTurnOfTheMillenia, WGN annually aired Munster Marathons on Halloween, hosted by Alice Cooper. By 2011, they've since stopped.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Fred Gwynne was offered to reprise his role as Herman in The Munsters Today, but he declined. In an interesting inverse, Al Lewis offered eagerly to reprise his role as Grandpa, but he was turned down in favor of Howard Morton.