* BillingDisplacement: Trailer only. The film's opening credits are actually appropriate, starting with the three characters from the book in order of importance (Danny [=DeVito=] as the Lorax, Ed Helms as Once-Ler, and Zac Efron as Ted) and the rest following. [[NeverTrustATrailer The trailer on the other hand]] plays up Zac Efron and Taylor Swift, Ed Helms, and gives Danny [=DeVito=] an "AndStarring".
* CutSong: There are a few on the soundtrack, as well as some alternate versions of "Thneedville" and "Everybody Needs a Thneed".
* IronyAsSheIsCast: Despite Ted and Audrey being voiced by the star of the ''High School Musical'' movies and Taylor Swift respectively, their characters never sing a note.
* ProductPlacement: Thankfully avoided in the movie itself, but some of the crossmarketing [[http://www.scpr.org/programs/madeleine-brand/2012/03/01/22732/how-mazdas-lorax-campaign-went-awry hasn't been without controversy]].
* UnderminedByReality: The film's numerous corporate tie-ins screw up the message quite spectacularly. The Lorax speaks for the trees, and Mazda!
* WordOfGod: On the DVD commentary, it is mentioned that after "How Bad Can I Be?", 5 years have passed.