* CreatorBacklash: Don Rosa claims he didn't like thinking of "Of Ducks, Dimes, and Destinies" as a StableTimeLoop, with Magica unintentionally behind the origin of Scrooge's fortune. He prefers to believe that Magica undoing the effects of her TimeTravel undid her time travel trip entirely.
* DoingItForTheArt: Or more spesifically doing it for the story. Don Rosa has stated that he's actually not a big fan of drawing long pieces - it's ''telling a story'' that drives his motivation.
* OldShame: An odd example--Rosa actually regrets having Scrooge smash a steamship to bits with his bare hands as he feels it skews more towards violent superhero comics than his usual fare.
** Not true. It was some of Don Rosa's readers who reacted to ''King of the Klondike'' and wondered if he was trying to add underlying superhero abilities to Scrooge, because of the popularity of superhero comics at the time, which was never Don Rosa's intention, and he was mostly amused by the misunderstanding.
* ShrugOfGod: In regards to ''The Prisoner Of White Agony Creek''.
-->"I still never show exactly what happened that long night in the cabin on White Agony Creek... that's for each of us duck fans to imagine in our own minds. I have my own idea, but after all, this is a Disney comic!"
-->~Keno Don Rosa, '''The Making of ''Hearts of the Yukon'''''
** [[http://www.duckhunt.de/Scripts/index.html Rosa's drafts]] show several changes such as -- a cut sequence telling the whole history of the Clan [=McDuck=], a CatFight between Goldie and a middle-aged Grandma Duck, and Scrooge's sisters never accompanying him when he attacks the voodoo village in the Congo.
*** Many of these are (usually positive) cases of ExecutiveMeddling. Egmont editor Byron Erickson persuaded Rosa for example to drop [[ProlongedPrologue the seven-page prologue]] of [[InfoDump dense family history]] (the story should be centered on Scrooge) and to completely rewrite chapters 3 and 8 (the first drafts were rather lame).
** When Scrooge and Goldie have their fight in the cabin that suddenly... stops, Don Rosa wanted to draw the snow on the rooftop melting, but figured it would be the line with the censors he couldn't cross. (It does occur a page later though.)
* ExactlyWhatIAimedAt ("The Vigilante of Pizen Bluff")
* KissKissSlap ("The Prisoner of White Agony Creek")
* SelfMadeMan ("The Terror of the Transvaal")
* SlapSlapKiss ("The Prisoner of White Agony Creek")
* ViolentGlaswegian ("The New Laird of Castle [=McDuck=]")
* WhatYouAreInTheDark ("The Dreamtime Duck of the Never-Never")