* CreatorBacklash: Don Rosa claims he didn't like thinking of "Of Ducks, Dimes, and Destinies" as a StableTimeLoop, with Magica unintentionally behind the origin of Scrooge's fortune. He prefers to believe that Magica undoing the effects of her TimeTravel undid her time travel trip entirely.
* DoingItForTheArt: Or more spesifically doing it for the story. Don Rosa has stated that he's actually not a big fan of drawing long pieces - it's ''telling a story'' that drives his motivation.
* OldShame: An odd example--Rosa actually regrets having Scrooge McDuck smash a steamship to bits with his bare hands as he feels it skews more towards violent superhero comics than his usual fare.
* ShrugOfGod: In regards to ''The Prisoner Of White Agony Creek''.
-->"I still never show exactly what happened that long night in the cabin on White Agony Creek... that's for each of us duck fans to imagine in our own minds. I have my own idea, but after all, this is a Disney comic!"
-->~Keno Don Rosa, '''The Making of ''Hearts of the Yukon'''''
** [[http://www.duckhunt.de/Scripts/index.html Rosa's drafts]] show several changes such as -- a cut sequence telling the whole history of the Clan [=McDuck=], a CatFight between Goldie and a middle-aged Grandma Duck, and Scrooge's sisters never accompanying him when he attacks the voodoo village in the Congo.
*** Many of these are (usually positive) cases of ExecutiveMeddling. Egmont editor Byron Erickson persuaded Rosa for example to drop [[ProlongedPrologue the seven-page prologue]] of [[InfoDump dense family history]] (the story should be centered on Scrooge) and to completely rewrite chapters 3 and 8 (the first drafts were rather lame).
** Originally, Don Rosa ''wanted'' to show more of what happened between Scrooge and Goldie in the cabin that night, but figured he shouldn't push it.
* ExactlyWhatIAimedAt ("The Vigilante of Pizen Bluff")
* KissKissSlap ("The Prisoner of White Agony Creek")
* SelfMadeMan ("The Terror of the Transvaal")
* SlapSlapKiss ("The Prisoner of White Agony Creek")
* ViolentGlaswegian ("The New Laird of Castle [=McDuck=]")
* WhatYouAreInTheDark ("The Dreamtime Duck of the Never-Never")