* AdoredByTheNetwork: If ''Hyrule Historia'' is any indication, this was the reason that Malo got his own shop.
** ''Zelda'' Director Eiji Aonuma [[http://www.next-gen.biz/news/aonumas-regrets-for-twilight-princess feels]] he did not make ''Twilight Princess'' as epic and grand a game as he intended. He said that he regrets making Hyrule a realistic, grand size, saying that with that size, they were unable to fully take advantage of the space that they created. He had said he planned to use that grand scale as a starting point in the development of ''[[VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaSkywardSword Skyward Sword]]''.
** Creator/ShigeruMiyamoto [[http://www.nerve.com/archived/blogs/miyamoto-says-something-was-missing-from-zelda-twilight-princess-we-know-it-too has also voiced]] his regrets for ''Twilight Princess'', as he says it was "missing something."
* FanNickname: So, this Link is the "Hero of Twilight/the Gods/Light," right? He must be, because three of the numerous other Links throughout the series had similar titles[[note]]He's referred to as the "Blue-Eyed Beast" in-game, but that hasn't really caught on because it's specific to his wolf form[[/note]].
* IKnewIt: [[spoiler:It was heavily suspected by most fans that the Hero's Shade is actually the [[VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaOcarinaOfTime Hero of Time]], due to strong yet cryptic in-game hints and the [[AllThereInTheManual series manual]] ''Hyrule Historia'' eventually confirmed that. The other theory that TP Link is his descendant was also confirmed.]]
* ReferencedBy: Princess Kenny in ''VideoGame/SouthParkTheStickOfTruth'' wears an outfit that is a WholeCostumeReference to Zelda's outfit in this game.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Creator/KojiKondo planned on there being more music done with a live orchestra, presumably the same amount that ''VideoGame/SuperMarioGalaxy'' ended up having. He had to put such plans aside because he ran into problems with VariableMix among other things.
** Creator/MahitoYokota also composed [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzG_q8QByJc one other orchestral piece]] aside from that used in the trailer. This one never made it into the final game.
** Sheik's design in ''[[VideoGame/SuperSmashBros Brawl]]'' was based off of conceptual plans for ''Twilight Princess''.
** The Twilight Realm was originally going to be a DeliberatelyMonochrome world.
** There was also originally going to be a magic meter, as can be seen on the Wii version's box. Unused text suggests that magic would be required to transform back and forth.
** The companion game, ''Link's Crossbow Training'', was meant to be a direct sequel akin to ''Majora's Mask''. However, production would have taken too long, so it was decided to be a simple spin-off to take advantage of the Wii Zapper.