* ActingForTwo: Mitsuki Saiga voices both Link and Ravio. Justified because they are [[AlternateSelf the same person, but from different worlds.]]
* AscendedGlitch: The Ghost of the Misery Mire from the original SNES version of Link to the Past returns, now as full-bodied shallow water Kus.
* CheatedAngle: In order to emulate ''A Link to the Past'''s art style in 3D, namely the lack of perspective and characters being fully depicted from the side despite being seen from above, typical for most 2D top-down games, all assets in the game are actually tilted away from the camera. Since the camera always pans at the same angle, this trick is barely noticeable and surprisingly effective, as demonstrated [[http://nintendoenthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/link-between-worlds-tilted.jpg here]].
** [[spoiler:Yuganon]] for [[spoiler:the fusion between Yuga and Ganon.]]
** Ravioli for both Ravio and Ravio/Link's PortmanteauCoupleName.
* IKnewIt: In the August 7, 2013 Nintendo Direct video, Satoru Iwata confirmed the existence of the Dark Triforce fans had been speculating about since first seeing the logo. [[spoiler:However this only represents that their Triforce was destroyed. In intact form, it looks just like the normal Triforce except pointing down.]]
** [[spoiler:Hilda is indeed the BigBad, though she also has a HeelFaceTurn at the end.]]
** This is the first time that the Master Sword is part of the main plot in an original handheld title.
** This is the first game since the Oracle Series to take place in the Decline Timeline.
** This is the first game set in the Decline Timeline to feature the Hylian Shield and the Light Arrows.
* TalkingToHimself: Link and Ravio are both voiced by Mitsuki Saiga. [[spoiler:[[AlternateSelf There's a good reason for that.]]]]