* CopiouslyCreditedCreator: Produced, directed, co-written by, and starring Welles.
* DyeingForYourArt: Hayworth, famous for her luxuriant red hair, got a short haircut and went platinum blonde for this movie.
* ExecutiveMeddling: As was often the case with Welles' work. The original cut ran around 155 minutes (including a much-extended funhouse climax) and had a much different musical score (the HallOfMirrors segment was intended to play entirely without music). Studio execs ended up cutting almost half the runtime and commissioning a jazzy score designed to [[MickeyMousing underline the action]].
* FakeIrish: Creator/OrsonWelles.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Although the initial reaction to the movie in the US was lukewarm, European critics loved it. Nowadays, though, it is almost universally considered to be a classic.
* RealLifeRelative: Welles and Hayworth were married while making the film, but filed for a divorce by the time it was released.
* SignatureScene: The shootout in the hall of mirrors. Anytime such a scene appears anywhere else, it references this film.