* ExecutiveMeddling: Allegedly, the reason for most later additions to the show being female was due to staff requests to balance the cast's gender ratio ([[TheSmurfettePrinciple Amberley was the only female main character originally]]).
** Seasons Three and Four were made primarily because ITV commissioned the team for two more seasons after the second. This caused some problems distributing the series for a while since the final two seasons were thus the property of a different company.
* GodDoesNotOwnThisWorld: According to writer and producer Martin Gates, this is why no revival projects have been made thus far. Creator Mike Jupp also had to step down as consultant and storyboard artist for the closing points of the series, due to being busy with future project ''Bimble's Bucket''.
* HeyItsThatVoice: Frizz is voiced by Melvyn Hayes, who played "Gloria" Beaumont on ''ItAintHalfHotMum'', and [[InkSuitActor is essentially the same character minus crossdressing]]. He who also played Skeleton in ''SuperTed''.
** In "The Dreamthief" pilot, Rufus is voiced by the [[Creator/ChristianBale GODDAMN BATMAN]]!!!
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: All of six episodes were ever released on DVD, both volumes seem out of production.
** Not so much now that the series is available on [[http://www.jaroo.com Jaroo.com]] (but for how long is anyone's guess).
*** Still applies to series 3 and 4, which are owned by ITV rather than CookieJar, and are still unavailable.
*** It's all on Website/YouTube, if you know where to look.
* MidDevelopmentGenreShift: The series was initially conceived as DarkerAndEdgier [[MidDevelopmentMediumShift storybook]] with more action and mystical concepts. While some of these concepts make it into the finalized TV series (especially the pilot episode), the setup was reinvented into a more light hearted RoadRunnerVsCoyote style cartoon.
* TheOtherDarrin: Gary Martin replaced Leonard Whiting as Urpgor for the final season. He also took over narration duties Season Two onward.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The original story plans for the show were intended for a children's book and had a somewhat DarkerAndEdgier tone. In addition the story was to focus more on Rufus (who was a prophesised hero in early plans) with the Urpneys as minor comic relief. A few of the original concepts made their way into "The Dreamthief" promo and even the Opening Special, albeit in a DenserAndWackier tone.
** Zordrak's original name was "Nasta Shelfim", an anagram for "Satan Himself". The name was changed in fear of offending religious groups.