* CowboyBebopAtHisComputer: Even Jon doesn't get it right all the time, such as his interview with David Barton about Barton's book on Thomas Jefferson being a strong Christian. Despite the Jefferson Bible being the one where all supernatural elements are removed, Jon never calls Barton out for blatant lying.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Walter George Alton, who played ''Film/PumaMan'' (or was it "Pyewma Man"?), has since become an attorney, [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-1-2005/bee---gag-order?xrs=share_copy appearing in a 2005 segment about anti-lawyer activists]].
** Remember Olivia Munn from ''Series/AttackOfTheShow''? Yeah, she was a correspondent for a year.
* NamesTheSame: Don't confuse the host, Jon Stewart, with the JusticeLeague character [[Comicbook/GreenLantern John Stewart]]. Believe it or not, WesternAnimation/GreenLanternTheAnimatedSeries actually managed to get a joke in about this, [[spoiler:as John Stewart in this continuity goes on to be the replacement for Guy Gardner]].
** Or the late folk singer John Stewart.
** Or the Carolina Panthers running back Johnathan Stewart
** Jon is the host of the show. Jo'''h'''n, on the other hand, is the British correspondent (and occasional host). Close enough. People sometimes misspell their names, which can cause some confusion.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Samantha Bee and Jason Jones are married.
* ThePeteBest: Remember when Craig Kilborn was the host? Yeah, me neither.
* TheShowMustGoOn: Jon [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-7-2011/jon-stewart-press-conference---john-oliver-takes-over cuts his hand against glass]], causing notable bleeding and ultimately requiring stitches? No reason to stop the sketch!
* ThrowItIn: Most of the time, if Jon starts laughing, the segment just keeps going. Some guests (and even other reporters) go out of their way to force a laugh out of him.
** John Oliver tripped and broke his nose [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-11-2006/america-s-love-affair-with-war while on a field report.]] They called back to the office and were asked, "Did you get it on camera? Good. Was it funny?"