* AllStarCast: Nearly everyone is someone recognizable - [[Film/TheDarkKnight Aaron Eckhart]], [[Film/BoysDontCry Hilary Swank]], [[Film/CaptainAmericaTheFirstAvenger Stanley Tucci]], [[Film/RomeoMustDie Delroy Lindo]], [[Film/StarTrek Bruce Greenwood]], [[Film/KissOfTheDragon Tcheky Karyo]], [[Film/StarTrekFirstContact Alfre Woodard]], [[Film/TransformersFilmSeries Glenn Morshower...]]
* BoxOfficeBomb: Budget, $60 million. Box office, $31,186,986 (domestic), $73,498,611 (worldwide).
* CreatorKiller: Director Jon Amiel didn't make another movie until the end of the decade.
* ExecutiveMeddling: In the comments to [[http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2006/02/watch-my-other-awful-movie-adaptation.html a rant by David Brin about the movie]], one of the six writers, John Rogers, [[http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2006/02/watch-my-other-awful-movie-adaptation.html?showComment=1141100340000#c114110036853202234 tells the sordid tale]]. For the sake of those who don't want to bother, it's basically summed up with this: "... This, by the way, is why screenwriting pays so well. They don't pay me to write. I'd write for free. They pay me '''NOT to punch people in the neck.'''" To give an example of a thing the executives said to him: "John, we really like this last draft, but one thing bugs us. The whole idea of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal the north and south pole switching places]] -- [[RealityIsUnrealistic it's WAY over the top and unbelievable.]]"
* FollowTheLeader: Described in some promotions as ''Armageddon'' - but down.
** [[Film/UndercoverBlues Morty]] plays a hilariously egotistical scientist.
*** Or it's a cunningly-disguised [[Film/TheHungerGames Caesar Flickerman]].
** [[Film/StarTrek Christopher Pike]] traveled back in time to save Earth.
** [[Film/TheDarkKnight Harvey Dent]] took time out of his job as Gotham City's DA to go save the planet.
* OldShame: Aaron Eckhart isn't particularly proud of this movie.