* ActorAllusion: When showing a collection of clips of Mitt Romney's laughter (which Colbert says is his sign for others to stop talking), the last clip is of [[HarveyBirdmanAttorneyAtLaw Phil Seben's]] laughter.
** Which he then uses to shamelessly (and hilariously) advertise the DVD.
* DyeingForYourArt: See ImportantHaircut
** Occasional guest star Esteban Colberto, host of the (fake) Mexican sister show ''Colberto Reporto Gigante'', also played by Colbert.
** French-Canadian affiliate Stephane Colbert.
* NoExportForYou: Several (but not all) countries outside the US can't watch the videos on the site. Many fans aren't happy.
* OneOfUs: Even before his and Jon's ''Franchise/StarTrek'' trivia war at the Reality to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, Jon played a clip of Stephen reciting [[TheLordOfTheRings Aragorn's]] entire geneaology.
** Asked James Franco, in a Tolkien fan Nerd-Off, why Galadriel came to Middle-Earth. And Colbert ''corrected'' Franco with stats straight out of ''TheSilmarillion.'' ''Badass'' in the annals of nerddom.
** He also plays both AssassinsCreed and VideoGame/DarkSouls, along with other games (besides ''TabletopGame/DungeonsAndDragons'', obviously).
* RealLifeRelative: Stephen's children occasionally show up, such as in the ChristmasSpecial. One of Stephen's brothers, a lawyer, has appeared at least twice, the last time at the start of the Vancouver Olympics series to tell him he can't legally use the word "Olympics". Or "Vancouver".
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: The UK airing. On the FX channel. Meaning the network in question [[ArchEnemy was FOX.]]
!!This show has [[TropeNamers named the following tropes]]:
!!This show [[ImageSource provides the page image]] for: