* TheDanza: Andy Griffith as Andy Taylor and Elinor Donahue as Ellie Walker
* HeyItsThatGuy: [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Andy_Griffith_Show_guest_stars Lot of guest stars]], including:
** [[GreenAcres Fred Ziffel]] is a hobo Barney chases away from loitering on the railroad tracks.
** [[GreenAcres From the same universe]], Mr. Drucker is the town drunk in Mt. Pilot, whom Otis befriends when he "runs away". In fact, actor Frank Cady was originally tested for the part of Otis himself, but was determined to not be right for the role.
** [[Series/TheBeverlyHillbillies Also from the same universe]], Jed Clampett is another hobo whom Obie befriends, but turns out to be a bad influence.
** [[PetticoatJunction And again from the same universe]], Uncle Joe is a wandering (and swindling) handiman whom Aunt Bea strikes up something of a brief romance with.
** [[Series/GilligansIsland Gilligan]] was Dud Walsh in one episode, and one episode only (where Charlene wanted a divorce, because she caught him peeping at another girl during church).
** [[Series/ILoveLucy Little Ricky]] is one of Opie's pals.
** [[Series/HogansHeroes Carter]] (no, not ''[[Series/GomerPyleUSMC that]]'' [[Series/GomerPyleUSMC Carter]]) got into a fight with Goober over Goober apparently not fixing the strange noise in the engine of his car.
** [[Series/TheDukesOfHazzard Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane]] is a guitar player who Andy fixes up for a successful audition with Bobby Fleet and His Band with a Beat.
** Ben Weaver, the department store owner, was played by three different actors over the course of the show.
** Four different actors played Wally, the owner of the filling station.
* ThePeteBest: [=McNear=] took over the role of Floyd after Baldwin's one-time appearance as the character.
** Griffith is a native Tarheel. Mayberry is a pastiche of Mount Airy, where he grew up. Nearby to Mount Airy is Pilot Mountain, renamed to Mount Pilot for the show.
** Being on the show so endeared the state to Frances Bavier that she moved there (specifically to Siler City) later in life.
** Howard [=McNear=] (Floyd TheBarber) had a severe stroke during the run, and upon returning could not walk or stand on his own. He thereafter was always shown sitting or leaning against an object, and would "walk" across the room off camera. When worsening health required him to leave permanently, Floyd retired and the barbershop became Emmett's Fix-It Shop.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Originally, Andy was supposed to be the comedic lead with Knotts as his straight man (similar to their roles in ''No Time For Sergeants'', but they quickly discovered it was funnier the other way around: "By the second episode, I knew that Don should be funny, and I should play straight."
* WriteWhatYouKnow / NoCommunitiesWereHarmed: Mayberry is based very heavily on Griffith's home town of Mount Airy, NC (and Mount Airy is ''quite'' [[SweetHomeAlabama proud of it]]).