* BoxOfficeBomb: Budget plus marketing costs? A cool $120 mil, which is roughly what a studio back then would sink in to a film whenever they're expecting a blockbuster. But how much did this movie rake in at the box office? $7.1 million. To be exact, they lost $112,896,027 on this film, which amounts to a 94.08% loss. Adjusted for inflation, its net loss is the third largest in film history. As far as box office bombs go, this one is nuclear. Kaboom.
** It did a bit better in the DVD market, but not nearly enough to cover the costs. To date, it has grossed $24,983,000 in DVD sales. [[ThePollyanna Only $88 million to go before you break even, guys!]]
* DevelopmentHell / TheShelfOfMovieLanguishment: It took long to both be done and be released.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Creator/RosarioDawson as Dina Lake, Creator/AlecBaldwin as a mobster, Creator/PamGrier as Pluto's mother, and Creator/JohnCleese as a limousine's autopilot.
* MoneyDearBoy: Eddie Murphy refused to promote the film at its time of release, and stated that the money is the only reason he took the role.
* NotScreenedForCritics: Probably a clear indication of the movie's quality.
* OldShame: To everyone involved, especially EddieMurphy and Creator/AlecBaldwin, who insisted on being uncredited for his role.
* StarDerailingRole: This movie killed the momentum EddieMurphy had gotten back after ''Film/TheNuttyProfessor''.