* ActorAllusion: One of the lines from Ford Fairlane's narration says "I could have been a rock star, if only I wasn't banned from MTV."
* BoxOfficeBomb: Budget, $40 million. Box office, $21.4 million.
* OldShame: Screenwriter Daniel Waters said that he hated working with Andrew Dice Clay, calling the experience "traumatic". It was so bad that he was happy when Clay accidentally credited him as "Bobby Rivers" during an interview, as he felt that was one step for his name not being attached.
* VideoFullOfFilmClips - Billy Idol's video for his hit single "Cradle of Love" featured several clips from this movie.
** Although this song was featured in the movie, due to Andrew Dice Clay being banned from MTV the music video was [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_Love not able to show him]] (with the exception of the stylized painting). Using a song and music video as part of a movie's advertising campaign doesn't work very well when the audience doesn't see the title character as played by the top-billed actor. Lots of people remember [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24FT3u-lhg4 the video]], particularly straight men who were teenagers around the time it was released. Relatively few people remember that the song was part of this movie's soundtrack.
** "Cradle of Love" was also Billy Idol's ''last'' hit single. Granted, Idol was largely thought of as an [[TheEighties 80's]] musician, so his career was likely doomed by the [[TheNineties 90's]] anyway, given the sharp turn pop culture took only a year or two later (same goes for Andrew Dice Clay). Nevertheless, it has been speculated that this movie worked as a CreatorKiller for not only Clay, but Idol as well. Renny Harlin, on the other hand, still had a few years before he would suffer the [[Film/CutthroatIsland same]] [[Film/TheLongKissGoodnight fate.]]
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Billy Idol was originally going to play Smiley in the movie, but had to drop out at the last minute due to a serious motorcyle accident.
** Andrew Dice Clay wanted HowardStern to play Johnny Crunch, and even convinced him to audition for the role.
** Stephen Pearcy, lead singer of Ratt, was considered to play Bobby Black.
* This movie "scored" a triple at the [[GoldenRaspberryAward Razzies]], including one for Worst Picture of 1990 (it tied with ''Ghosts Can't Do It'').