* FanNickname: When the president appeared, immediate comparisons were drawn to [[Creator/MarvelComics Nick Fury]], and she was jokingly dubbed Nicola Fury.
** Hastings insists that King Radical was not inspired by the Burger King, but by King Boo riding a dirt bike in a VideoGame/MarioKart game.
** Ron Wizard was originally Hastings's character in VideoGame/CityOfHeroes.
* OldShame: Issue One Half. It's on the site, even listed in the archives, and [=McNinja's=] lawyer from that issue makes a brief return in "The End Part One", but the reader is ''begged'' not to actually read it first.
* RealLifeWritesThePlot: Based on a series of [[NightmareFuel recurring nightmares]] Kent the inker experienced and in his tenure, he refused to ink any page with Knickerbocker in it, which had Hastings do it instead. It is poor.
* ShrugOfGod: Hastings doesn't know how the Robster gets his suit over his claws.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The name and premise of the comic come from Chris Hastings' username on the Something Awful forums. Before he settled on Dr. [=McNinja=], he was going to use the name "Dr. [=McNuggets=]." One can only imagine how ''that'' comic would've turned out.
** Hastings at one point approached Adult Swim to possibly adapt the comic into a TV series. Sadly, they passed up on the chance.
** The game also died in infancy, due to the indie creators biting off WAY more then they could chew. (As in, they lost their house).
* WriteWhatYouKnow: Given that Chris Hastings grew up in Cumberland, Maryland, it isn't surprising that all the major details about the city correct (excluding all the [[RuleOfCool cool stuff]]).