* TheCastShowoff: Creator/PeterWeller is an accomplished musician, having studied jazz trumpet at the University of North Texas.
* DeletedScene: A bunch, many of them containing a running gag about Buckaroo's life long arch enemy Hanoi Xan, the evil leader of the World Crime League who was responsible for [[spoiler:the murders of Buckaroo's parents and first wife, Peggy.]] Penny even mistakes Lord John Whorfin for Hanoi Xan, which leaves him baffled and even asking out loud "Who's that?"
* ExecutiveMeddling - One reason given for the unexplained presence of a watermelon in Buckaroo's lab : [[spoiler: Put in so the makers of the film could see whether or not the meddling executives had given up yelling at them as of that point in the production. Yes, seriously.]]
* HeyItsThatGuy: Creator/PeterWeller (Franchise/RoboCop), Creator/JeffGoldblum (too many to list), Creator/ChristopherLloyd, Creator/JohnLithgow, Creator/ClancyBrown, Creator/CarlLumbly, Ellen Barkin, and many more.
* ScrewedByTheLawyers: The sequel was allegedly blocked by the rights holder for fear that the associated paperwork might uncover his creative bookkeeping.
** The film's box office woes didn't help either.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: [[https://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/05/23/supersize-those-fries-buckaroo-banzai/ That TV series looked pretty awesome.]]
** A sequel was planned, as advertised as the end of the film, but it never materialized.