* ArtisticLicenseFilmProduction: Teletubbies was first broadcast in 1996, but it looks more like it was first broadcast in 1982.
* EditedForSyndication: Episodes are pretty much tailor-made for international exports - you can have an episode on a certain educational subject (jumping, for example), but the episode's content as far as inserts go will differ from country to country.
* FanNickname: The 2015 series is known as "The Teletubbies Reboot" by fans. While nothing has come out saying whether or not it actually ''is'' a reboot, all the qualifications of it being one are there.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: While the UK version of the show is well-archived despite the abundance of episodes, the US dub has largely been lost. Only a handful of episodes can be found online, and it's unknown who's in possession of the master tapes.
* LongRunner: The original series had a clean 5 year run of 365 episodes before its cancelation. And that's not even counting the reruns that still continued afterwards.
* MoneyDearBoy: British comedian John Simmit says the ''only'' reason he played Dipsy was because he needed money.
* TheOtherDarrin: Two different performers played Tinky Winky during the series' run; the first performer, British comedian/actor Dave Thompson, was fired as a result of the whole AmbiguouslyGay controversy surrounding the character. Thompson was incredibly upset over his termination, as he very much enjoyed playing Tinky Winky.
** WordOfGod has it that Ragdoll (the production company behind the show) originally wanted to do a children's sitcom, aimed at the 7-9 age bracket, about bumbling space explorers, but a series of changes to the proposal eventually resulted in a kiddie show aimed at 1-3 year olds about huge baby-like creatures dressed up in spacey outfits who explore their own fanciful world.
** According to some sources on how the show was created, Anne Wood has stated that she created the show from inspiration by [[Creator/TheBBC WatchWithMother]] cartoons (most notably ''Andy Pandy''), which make ''Teletubbies'' OlderThanTheNES.