* CowboyBebopAtHisComputer: The US television commercials, Nintendo Power's first walkthrough article and the magazine adds for the game referred to the sword that struck Bowser's castle as "Smithy the Sword." This is not the sword's name, Smithy being a completely different character. In addition, the Nintendo Power walkthrough article and the magazine ads hinted at a subplot involving Geno becoming a "[[PinocchioSyndrome real boy]]".
* ExiledFromContinuity: The reason why Geno, Mallow, Smithy and many others aren't even namedropped in most other Mario games is because Square Enix own the rights to the characters who debuted in this game, not Nintendo. Only Geno has [[VideoGame/MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSaga managed to reappear]] [[VideoGame/SuperSmashBros in some way later]], and this required some negotiation.
* NinjaPirateZombieRobot: ''[[http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271807/ Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars]]'' is the only title on [[http://www.imdb.com IMDB]] to have all four of those words as keywords.
* NoExportForYou: it joined the ranks of ''VideoGame/FinalFantasyVI'' and ''VideoGame/ChronoTrigger'' during the SNES era in Europe. At least this one had more of an excuse due to Nintendo needing to rework the included lockout chip to be compatible with PAL televisions. ''Twelve years later'', the European UsefulNotes/VirtualConsole set things right thanks to the Hanabi Festival.
* TetsuyaNomura: Designed the bosses.
* Creator/YokoShimomura: Composed most of the music.