* BadExportForYou: The Malaysian release of the Strawberry Jams CD lacks the tracks ''Friendship Grows Like a Flower'' and the ''Closing theme'' for no discernible reason.
* EditedForSyndication: Aside from the 45-minute unedited versions licensed to local home video producers, the first four episodes are available from the syndication office in either 22-minute edits or split into 2-part episodes. Additionally, the DVD releases of subsequent episodes include an additional prologue, bridge, epilogue and an additional music video that adds scenes to join two episodes together.
* FanNickname: SBSC or SSC.
** Only the first two specials from the 1980s have been released on DVD, with no plans to release the rest.
** Subverted woth season 4 of the 2003/2007 series. Releases of the 2003/2007 series initially became erratic shortly after the rights transferred from Playmates and [=DiC=] to Hasbro and Moonscoop, which had many fans worrying. However, episodes continued to be released on schedule, and in March 2012, almost 5 years later, the last unreleased pair of episodes went out on DVD.
** The 2003 series: ''Ice Cream Island Riding Camp'' for the UsefulNotes/GameBoyAdvance and the PC port of ''The Sweet Dreams Game'' for the [=PS2=] got a Europe-only release. Also, [=PS2=] version of the Sweet Dreams Game never got an NTSC/J release in Asia despite the show's popularity in the region.
** The 2009 series: IOS apps released by a company called ''Cupcake Digital'' are unavailable in Asia.
** Any post-season-1 episodes in the 2009 series in Malaysia, since the show, like ''WesternAnimation/CareBearsAdventuresInCareALot'', ended up on Boomerang, which is not available in several countries worldwide.
** The 2003 episodes are seeing re-releases on ''Franchise/LeapFrog'''s app center for the [=LeapPad=] Explorer and Leapster Explorer series of kiddie consoles, but the title is only available to the US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
** Huckleberry Pie, Honey Pie Pony and Custard's voice actors were replaced after the first season.
** Played straight, then inverted with Huck. After the second voice of Huckleberry Pie passed on due to a skateboarding accident, the previous voice actor came back.
** CBS/Kewlopolis dropped the show after Season 3 and did not air season 4 following the master license switches and courtroom battles between Moonscoop, Cookie Jar and [=DiC=].
** Cartoon Network acquired the rights to air programming featuring Hasbro's characters in most regions outside North America, but put it on Boomerang. Not only is Boomerang not as widely available worldwide as its older sibling (to the point that there are countries in the world that have cable providers that do carry Cartoon Network but not Boomerang), in countries that do have both, Boomerang is typically a premium size-up package pay channel while the main Cartoon Network channel itself is a basic package pay channel. This severely limits the availability of the show.
* ShortRunInPeru: Season 4 aired in Europe two months before it aired in Asia.
* ShowAccuracyToyAccuracy: Pupcake's "eyepatch" location, the characters' hair color, and other noticeable details are inconsistent between the merchandise, books and TV series.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://worldofstrawberry.wikia.com/wiki/Strawberry_Shortcake_Wiki There]] [[http://strawberryshortcake.wikia.com/wiki/Strawberry_Shortcake_Wiki are]] [[http://strawberryshortcakeberrybitty.wikia.com/wiki/Strawberry_Shortcake three]].