* DevelopmentHell: ''Conviction''. It was originally slated for release in Christmas of 2007. They ended up scrapping it and starting over at least once. The new ''Conviction'' was revealed at E3 2009 and scheduled for February 2010, then April 10, and then finally released.
** The first game was banned in China for portraying China negatively (although the Chinese villain was actually rogue). The decision was reverted a few years later.
** ''Chaos Theory'' was reportedly banned in South Korea for portraying a fictional war between it and North Korea. They did the same like China.
* FakeAmerican: Creator/MichaelIronside, the voice of Sam Fisher from the beginning to ''Conviction'', is Canadian.
* HeyItsThatVoice: In ''Pandora Tomorrow'', Irving Lambert is voiced by Dennis Haysbert, of TheUnit and [[Series/TwentyFour 24]] fame.
** Sam himself is voiced by MichaelIronside. You don't want to mess with that voice. Especially if that belonged to Darkseid.
** Andriy Kobin [[VideoGame/DeusExHumanRevolution never asked for this.]]
** Much like [[Creator/BryanCranston another actor]] [[Series/MalcolmInTheMiddle most famous for playing a bumbling sitcom dad]] [[Series/BreakingBad turning around to play a ruthless criminal]], we have Carlo Rota, aka [[Series/LittleMosqueOnThePrairie Yasir Hamoudi]], as Majid Sadiq, the BigBad of ''Blacklist''.
** In the Japanese version:
*** Sam is voiced by [[Creator/TesshoGenda by the Nine-Tailed Fox.]] Grim's voiced by [[Creator/AtsukoTanaka the Major]] and Lambert by [[VideoGame/SakuraWars Ikki Yoneda]].
*** [[Anime/MobileSuitZetaGundam Kamille Bidan]] retired and joined the [=NSA=] as William Redding.
*** Sarah used to be [[Anime/MobileSuitGundam00 with Celestial Being as Anew Returner]].
*** Reed's done by [[Creator/RikiyaKoyama Hideo Kuze]] in Conviction. However this time, Grim's got no problem in killing her long lost friend.
*** Kobin's [[SlamDunk Shinichi Maki]].
*** [[Anime/CodeGeass The Emperor plays Victor Coste. All hail Emperor Coste!]]
*** In the Co-op prologue, Archer's [[Series/KtaiInvestigator7 Phone Braver 7]] and Kestrel's [[Manga/HayateTheCombatButler Seishiro "Klaus" Kurausu]].
* TheOtherDarrin: ''Pandora Tomorrow'' replaced both Grim and Lambert's voice actors. The change only lasted one game, and from ''Chaos Theory'' onwards, Grim and Lambert went back to their original voices.
** In ''Blacklist'', Sam is voiced by Eric Johnson, not Michael Ironside. Grim's voice actress also got changed again.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: ''Conviction'' was earlier planned to use a "social stealth" system not unlike ''Franchise/AssassinsCreed'' where Sam was a fugitive on the lam, evading the authorities by hiding himself using crowds, and have extensive environmental interactions ([[ImprovisedWeapon such as picking up many more things to use as a weapon]]) and would be animated to do actions more realistically from his location (as in, reaching over to an object from his current location to interact it instead of moving himself to a single pre-determined location and pose after hitting the button to interact like usual). This dramatically different direction was rather poorly received and the entire design was scrapped in favor of what ''Conviction'' was released as.
** The original version of Sam's character was for him to be a generic, cold-blooded killing machine. Creator/MichaelIronside [[http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2irdci/i_am_actor_michael_ironside_you_might_know_me/cl4qbdr demanded they change the character]] to make him more human and empathetic. The fact that ''Blacklist'' more or less turned Sam into said generic killer most likely contributed to Ironside leaving the franchise, in addition to the other issues with motion capture.