* ActorSharedBackground: Flynn mentions being from Tennessee, which is also where Samuel L. Jackson grew up
* AwesomeDearBoy: Sam Jackson's reason for starring in the movie. Specifically the title.
* FakeAmerican: Australian Nathan Phillips just doesn't cut it.
* NotScreenedForCritics: [[Webcomic/PennyArcade It's not]] ''[[Webcomic/PennyArcade for]]'' [[Webcomic/PennyArcade them]].
** The funny thing about this one is critical reaction was ''favorable''. The film actually holds a 68% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but only 50% audience. Critic consensus was summed up as that "''Snakes on a Plane'' lives up to its title, featuring snakes on a plane. It isn't perfect, but then again, it doesn't need to be."
* VindicatedByCable: It's not the kind of movie you should watch in a quiet theater. It's the type of movie you should watch at home with friends as you laugh and snark the hell out of it.