* ExecutiveMeddling[=/=]WhatCouldHaveBeen[=/=]TroubledProduction: ''Origins'' changed development teams entirely not long before it was released. The original version was a ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil4'' clone that drew on a great deal more material from the movie. The first previews indicated the game was going to use the OverTheShoulder camera to deal with the smaller PSP screen.
* FanNickname: The FinalBoss has been called Flauros (which is the name of the artifact he inhabits), Alessa's Dream (as an attempt to interpret his nature), [[spoiler:Samael]] (since he's almost definitely a proto-incarnation of [[spoiler:the The Order's god]]), The Demon, etc.
* ImproperlyPlacedFirearms[=/=]SelectiveHistoricalArmoury: The game is set in 1979 but AK-type rifles were incredibly rare in the States until 1982.
* KonamiCode: Inputting it unlocks [[SilentHill3 Vincent's]] outfit.
* LetsPlay: [[http://lparchive.org/Silent-Hill-Origins/ Voidburger]] does a very informative and hilarious video LP.