* ActingForTwo: Cliff [=DeYoung=] plays both Farley Flavors and Brad Majors.
* TheDanza: Rik Mayall as Rest Home Ricky.
* FanNickname: "[[IncrediblyLamePun Shock]][[TheRockyHorrorPictureShow y]]."
** Some shadowcasts affectionately refer to this movie as a "thing" and an "abortion".
* HeyItsThatGuy: Barry Humphries (aka Dame Edna Everage) as Bert Schnick.
** Aversion: the heavyset man in the audience during "Denton, Denton USA" is not JohnCandy despite looking just like him.
* OldShame: Slight subversion. While Richard O'Brien dislikes this film due to its confusing plot as a result of its many rewrites, he does praise the music and the fact it foretold reality TV by two decades.
* TheOtherDarrin: Of the four returning characters from ''Rocky Horror'' (Brad, Janet, Betty, and Ralph), only Ralph is played by his original actor.
* TroubledProduction / WhatCouldHaveBeen: Where do we begin... There's a reason some shadowcasts affectionately refer to this movie as a "thing" and an "abortion".
** Once it was clear that ''Rocky Horror Shows His Heels'' wasn't going to go forward, this project was originally conceived as ''The Brad & Janet Show'' and was to be filmed on-location in Denton, Texas. Many of the songs that were written for ''Shows His Heels'' were re-purposed for this one [[note]](for example, what became "Looking for Trade" was about literally looking for the "young blood" necessary to revive Frank-N-Furter)[[/note]]. However, the 1980 SAG strike and other circumstances forced them to shoot entirely indoors in London, and rewrite the script to match.
** When it comes to actors, TimCurry was worried he couldn't pull off the required accents for [[spoiler: Brad and Farley]], Creator/SusanSarandon (Janet) wanted a prohibitively-large amount of money to reprise her role, and Barry Bostwick (Brad) was unavailable. (Cliff [=DeYoung=] was the one they originally wanted to play Brad Majors in ''RHPS''.)
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: Mostly averted, due to anticipating reality televsion by a couple of decades, but the VideoGame/SpaceInvaders machines hit this pretty hard in "Looking for Trade".