!! [[Literature/SenseAndSensibility The book]] provides examples of:
* ReferencedBy: See the sub-page ReferencedBy.SenseAndSensibility.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 1971 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Joanna David and Ciaran Madden were both about 23 during filming playing 19 and 17 respectively.
** This was the debut television performance of Joanna David, who has gone on to a very successful career. She's probably best known for playing another Creator/JaneAusten character: Mrs. Gardiner in the 1995 adaptation of ''Series/PrideAndPrejudice''.
** Michael Aldridge was already a well-known actor at the time, but is probably best known for his later roles as Seymour in ''Series/LastOfTheSummerWine'' and Professor Kirke in the 1988 BBC adaptation of ''Literature/TheLionTheWitchAndTheWardrobe''.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 1981 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Averted by Tracy Childs who was 17 during filming. Played straight by Irene Richard who was in her 20s.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 2008 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Played straight with Hattie Morahan and Charity Wakefield, who were 26 and 24 respectively during filming. Averted by Lucy Boynton (Margaret Dashwood) who was actually 13.
!![[Film/SenseAndSensibility Ang Lee's 1995 movie]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Averted. Kate Winslet was still in her teens, and Emma Thompson's character was given an AgeLift.
* DirectedByCastMember: Emma Thompson was the head screenwriter for the film, for which she won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.