!! [[Literature/SenseAndSensibility The book]] provides examples of:
* ReferencedBy: See the sub-page ReferencedBy.SenseAndSensibility.
* WriteWhatYouKnow: Although Austen was already working on this story in the form of an EpistolaryNovel, it was the first one she chose to submit for publication and did so shortly after her father's death--which left her, her mother, and her sisters entirely dependent on their brothers' charity. The main difference is that Austen's brothers were caring and responsible, unlike John Dashwood, but her household was still impacted when the brothers had financial difficulties.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 1971 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Joanna David and Ciaran Madden were both about 23 during filming playing 19 and 17 respectively.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 1981 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Averted by Tracy Childs who was 17 during filming. Played straight by Irene Richard who was in her 20s.
!![[Series/SenseAndSensibility The 2008 miniseres]] provides examples of:
* DawsonCasting: Played straight with Hattie Morahan and Charity Wakefield, who were 26 and 24 respectively during filming. Averted by Lucy Boynton (Margaret Dashwood) who was actually 13.
!![[Film/SenseAndSensibility Ang Lee's 1995 movie]] provides examples of:
* AFIS100Years100Passions: #70
* UsefulNotes/BFITop100BritishFilms: #62
* DawsonCasting: Averted. Kate Winslet was still in her teens while playing Marianne, and Emma Thompson's Elinor was given an AgeLift.
* EnforcedMethodActing: The scene where Willoughby and Marianne shock the villagers with his wild driving was enhanced by Greg Wise's actual inexperience handling a carriage--he nearly knocked over the camera.
* DirectedByCastMember: Emma Thompson was the head screenwriter for the film, for which she won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
* PlayingAgainstType: Creator/AlanRickman finally got to play a romantic hero as Colonel Brandon.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Emma Thompson and Greg Wise (Willoughby) met during the shooting of this film. They have been married since 2003 and have two children together, a daughter born in 1999 and a son adopted in 2003.