Fun fact: Semper Fidelis is not unique to the USMC. It's also the motto of the following military units across the world:
* [[UsefulNotes/BritsWithBattleships The Devonshire Regiment]] (and antecedents)
* [[UsefulNotes/CanucksWithChinooks The West Nova Scotia Regiment]]
* [[UsefulNotes/DutchmenWithDestroyers Cadet Corps of the Dutch Royal Military Academy]]
* [[UsefulNotes/YanksWithTanks 11th Infantry Regiment of the United States Army]]
* [[UsefulNotes/PortugueseMenOfWar Portuguese Marine Corps]]
* Canadian Forces Base Valcartier
* [[UsefulNotes/SwissWithArmyKnives Swiss Grenadier Regiment]]
* [[UsefulNotes/TheOtherChineseArmy The Republic of China Marine Corps]]
* Hungarian Government Guard
* Romanian Serviciul de Protecţie şi Pază (actually a paramilitary force, and rather like a mashup of the US Secret Service and FBI).
* Submarine Force, Chilean Navy
* [[UsefulNotes/GaulsWithGrenades 47th Infantry Regiment of the French Army]]
For your trivial amusement here are a list of creators cum marines:
* Comedian Don Adams (Maxwell Smart in ''Series/GetSmart'') was a US Marine. Drill instructor.
* Comedian Rob Riggle is a real life Marine, which was incorporated into his on-camera persona on "The Daily Show" as far as being their defacto military correspondent. He later played a character on "Gary Unmarried" who's also a Marine.
* Comedian Drew Carey was in the United States Marines. You can tell this instantly from his haircut and the ugly "birth control glasses" (government-issue eyeglasses) he wears.
* [[Creator/RLeeErmey Ronald Lee Ermey]], who played [=GySgt Hartman=] in ''Film/FullMetalJacket,'' is a retired U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant, who was given an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sergeant, the only promotion of its kind in the history of the USMC.
And by the way, the quote in the main page picture was actually said in a very fitting situation.