* AFIS100Years100Cheers: #50
* CastTheExpert: George "the Iceman" Woolf is played by Gary Stevens: a LivingLegend, Kentucky Derby-winning, Hall of Fame jockey. Stevens retired from race riding in 2005, but returned to the sport full time in 2013 and is still riding at the highest level as of June 2017.
* ExpectingSomeoneTaller: War Admiral is described as being 18 hands high, while Seabiscuit himself is described as being "barely fifteen hands". In reality, Seabiscuit was 15.2 and War Admiral only an inch taller at 15.3. The most notable physical differences between them in real life (War Admiral was almost a hundred pounds lighter but had legs several inches longer than Seabiscuit's, and was overall a more refined horse) would have been difficult to portray in film.
** A subverted example of "Expecting Someone Shorter": [[http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2003/07/25/Limp-Seabiscuit-hobbles-onscreen/13331059156002/ One reviewer]] called Creator/TobeyMaguire, who played Red Pollard, "the world's tallest jockey". Maguire is 5'8" (173 cm), which ''is'' exceptionally tall for a jockey. The subversion: the real-life Pollard was 5'7".
* RomanceOnTheSet: Tobey Maguire met his jewelry designer wife on the set.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The second Santa Anita race, as described in the book, is [[spoiler:simultaneously one of the greatest and most heartbreaking episodes in Seabiscuit's career]], but is missing from the movie.