In the Mallcop storyline, three QR codes are shown:
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-03-22 Here]] -- which says:
--> UID=ADMIN PASS=DEFAULT CMD=SLEEP[600sec noprompt fnord]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-04-20 Here]] -- which says:
--> UID="ADMIN" PASS="DEFAULT" CMD="sleep, 600sec, noprompt, fnord"
* and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-05-02 Here]] -- which says:
--> fnord UID=***** PASS=******** CMD="overwrite daylog, prev 28800 sec, sleep, 6000sec, noprompt" fnord
* ContestWinnerCameo: Lieutenant Pibald and Corporal Pontucci are modeled after winners of a contest on the Schlock Mercenary forums.
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2003-09-06 The chupaqueso]]. Fried cheese filled with gooey cheese.
** On the other, more horrible hand, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1q_e6dEoWk Smutto]]. [[ForeignQueasine Corn smut + natto]].
** And now [[https://www.etsy.com/listing/194424007/puckerdoodles-tart-sweet-lemony-cookies?ref=shop_home_active_18 Puckerdoodles.]]
* ScheduleSlip: Completely and absolutely averted. The strip was a couple hours late--''once''. Because comic's server farm exploded.
* ScienceMarchesOn: The Milky Way is consistently depicted as a regular spiral; fortunate, since a barred spiral would have made [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2005-06-11 this strip]] a bit more blatant.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://schlockmercenary.wikispaces.com/Welcome Ovalkwiki.]]
* XMeetsY: While [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-review reviewing]] ''Film/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy'', the author had this to say:
-->Sergeant Schlock can totally be described as a blobby cross between Groot and Rocket, with "I want to eat that" substituted for "I want to steal that."