* BillingDisplacement: Top-billed Jennifer O'Neill doesn't appear until the 37 minute mark and is more of a supporting character to Stephen Lack's character. Michael Ironside is billed fifth despite arguably playing the most memorable character of the film.
** In ''Scanners 2'' David Hewlett plays David Kellum.
** From the credits of ''Scanners''
--> Assistant to Mr Heroux.....Kim Obrist
* HeyItsThatGuy: Yep, that's [[Series/StargateAtlantis David Hewlett]] as the lead in ''Scanners 2''. And [[Film/FreddyVsJason Lori's father]] as the corrupt doctor.
* RomanceOnTheSet: Christian Duguay, the director of ''Scanners II'' and ''III'', married Liliana Komorowska, who played Helen in the third.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In the original screenplay, the protagonist's name was going to be Harley Quinn (note that ''WesternAnimation/BatmanTheAnimatedSeries'' did [[NamesTheSame not exist yet]]) and he was going to be a [[VillainProtagonist much darker character]] than Vale - it was going to start with him [[MindRape Mind Raping]] a woman in a subway on purpose, as opposed to Vale's accidental crime in the opening scene of the completed film.
* WritingByTheSeatOfYourPants: The first film was written like this, which was forced upon Cronenberg because of the way the production had to be structured due to financing reasons. There was virtually no pre-production, so he had to start shooting with an unfinished script. He would write in the morning, and film the rest of the day, mostly out of order. On top of ''that'', they often had to drive around at random, looking for places to shoot scenes. So literally ''everything'' about Scanners was done by the seat of their pants. He talks about it at some length in ''Cronenberg on Cronenberg''.
!!This film [[ImageSource provides the page image]] for: