* AFIS100Years100Passions: #54
* DyeHard: Creator/WilliamHolden had his hair lightened blonde for the role of David Larabee.
** Creator/HumphreyBogart is famous for playing hard-boiled, cynic, cool characters. Here, he plays the awkward, withdrawn workaholic Linus.
** Cynical Creator/BillyWilder seems like a surprising choice for the director/producer/co-writer of a modern (by fifties standards) fairy tale.
* RetroactiveRecognition: In a blink-and-you'll-miss it cameo, Creator/PaulGiamatti is the servant in the remake who said he assumed Linus was gay.
* ScienceMarchesOn: When Sabrina tells the Baron that wanting David to love her feels as difficult as reaching for the moon, he tells her that people have started building rockets to reach the moon.
* TroubledProduction: Humphrey Bogart was ''not'' a happy man during the making of this film, and his attitude rubbed off on everyone else after a while.
** The original has a few lines of now-old-fashioned dialogue (see ScienceMarchesOn and HaveAGayOldTime), some cars that now look vintage, and a scene in which Sabrina calls Linus' office via a telephone booth in the building's lobby.
** In the remake, Linus catches up with Sabrina by taking the Concorde, which hasn't flown since 2003.