* ActingForTwo: In the English dub of ''J'':
** Creator/ErinFitzgerald voices Cherry (3-13) and Luchs.
** Creator/NicoleOliver, who voices Baiko, later took over for Erin for the remainder of the series.
** Tamasaburo and Lorelei are both voiced by Ellen Kennedy.
* AuthorExistenceFailure: ''Saber Marionette J to X'' marked Creator/YukoMizutani's final performance as Luchs before her death in 2016.
* FranchiseKiller: The controversial ''Saber Marionette Z'' manga. The story is that even though it's by then normal with human women on Terra II, maiden circuits are made for every marionette, and some chose to turn evil. The main marionette, Zero, had CombatTentacles that she used to absorb the other marionettes and gain their skills. It only reached only 7 chapters with a huge ArtShift in chapter 6. It never was collected into a whole volume. It caused such a stir the whole franchise was put on hold until bought in 2015.
** The entire Japanese voice cast returned in ''J'', despite ''R'' having none of the same characters (they are similarly named Expies), whereas most dubs had little to none of the voice casts return.
** The U.S. release got J's Lime and Cherry, Maggie Blue O'Hara and Creator/ErinFitzgerald respectively, to play R's Lime and Cherry, even though Erin moved to Los Angeles a while back.
* CrossDressingVoices: In the Japanese versions of the series, Junior and Otaru are voiced by Creator/YukaImai.
* NoDubForYou: The ''J'' VHS release in 1999 was sub only, even though ''J Again'', released around the same time, had a dub. Averted with the DVD release.
* NoExportForYou: The ''Battle Sabers'' videogame.
** Nor did the controversial Saber Marionette Z leave Japan, it didn't even get a whole volume.
** After episode 13, Creator/NicoleOliver replaced Cretaor/ErinFitzgerald as both Cherry and Luchs in the English dub after Erin moved to the US.
** Also the ''J'' series ended up being dubbed by Ocean in Vancouver instead of Animaze in LA, so the entire cast was changed. Notably, Otaru went from being voiced by a female (Creator/MonaMarshall) to a male (Creator/BradSwaile). Then ''J to X'' went to Blue Water in Calgary, presumably due to union issues, and the entire cast was changed once again.
** Bound to happen to Luchs now that Creator/YukoMizutani passed away.
** Apple was going to be part of the original series, but she was cut. She appears in the ''Battle Sabers'' game, anyways.
** Saber Marionette J only has 25 episodes because the 26th was turned into J Again.
* Otaru is actually implied to be somehow related to Ieyasu, looking like a younger version of him, and even dreams about the Mesopotamia. Of course, not enough of the Light Novels are translated to confirm this.