!! The Animated Series:
* CrossDressingVoices: Creator/JuneForay as Rocky. Bill Scott also frequently played little old ladies, such as assorted fairy godmothers in ''Fractured Fairy Tales''.
* HeyItsThatVoice: Rocky and Natasha were voiced by June Foray, who voiced many female ''WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes'' characters, as well as other cartoon characters both past and present. Boris Badenov was voiced by Creator/PaulFrees, who was prominent in cartoons produced by RankinBass and other studios. Australian viewers may recognize Keith Scott as Bullwinkle, as he has been in most of Yoram Gross' animated films.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: In 1981, there was going to be a revival involving a Super Bowl parody. It was ultimately scrapped because the NFL didn't like the idea of parodying team owners and it involved Boris fixing the game.
** If Disney had the rights to make a new ''Rocky and Bullwinkle'' series in 1989, we would've had [[http://michaelperaza.blogspot.com/2010/08/bullwinkled.html this]]. It would've had new ''Rocky and Bullwinkle'' stories, new ''Peabody's Improbable History'' stories, new ''WesternAnimation/DudleyDoRight'' stories, new ''Mr. Know-It-All'' segments and a whole new segment called ''Fractured Scary Tales'', which would've been spoofs of famous horror films. Of course, if Disney did have the rights, then we wouldn't have gotten what was the end result of the replacement pitch, ''WesternAnimation/DarkwingDuck''.
** A few years before ''Rocky and His Friends'' began, there was a storyboard idea called ''The Frostbite Falls Revue'', which would've starred Rocky, Bullwinkle (then called Canadian Moose), Sylvester the Fox, Flora Fauna, Blackstone the Crow and Oski the Bear. It would've involved them running a TV station in the North Woods.
** [[RobertDeNiro Fearless Leader]] asks Boris and Natasha if they're [[TaxiDriver talking to him]].
** And this gem...
-->'''Rocky:''' But she is an FBI agent!
-->'''Sheriff (played by John Goodman):''' Yeah, [[AndImTheQueenOfSheba and I'm John Goodman]].
** When Bullwinkle questions the narrator's over-the-top description of Oklahoma, the narrator irately asks him if ''he'd'' like to narrate the film--in a way, though, he already is, as [[TalkingToHimself both are being voiced here by Keith Scott.]]
** After Rocky points out to two college students that their show had been canceled, [[Series/KenanAndKel they remark that that'll never happen to them.]]
* BoxOfficeBomb: The film takes the crown as the most expensive animated/live-action hybrid box office failure of all time.
* FakeNationality: Keith Scott, who provides the voice of Bullwinkle in the film, is actually Australian. Fearless Leader, Boris, and Natasha are all played by Americans, sporting Russian-esque type accents.
* OldShame: Creator/JasonAlexander issued a public apology for his part in TheMovie.
* PromotedFanboy: Keith Scott is a huge fan of Jay Ward's work (but despite the surname, not a relative of Bill Scott). He got to voice Bullwinkle, the narrator and the cartoon versions of Boris and Fearless Leader in the movie. He even wrote a book (''The Moose That Roared'') on Jay Ward, his staff and their work. It's well worth seeking out.