* ActorAllusion: [[Film/HistoryOfTheWorldPartI "It's good to be the king!"]]
** Dick Van Patten (apart from being part of Mel Brooks' ProductionPosse) was likely cast as the Abbot as a ShoutOut to his role as Friar Tuck in ''When Things Were Rotten'', Mel's first Robin Hood parody.
* FakeBrit: Averted, because unlike [[Creator/KevinCostner some other Robin Hoods]], this one ''[[LampshadeHanging can]]'' [[LampshadeHanging speak with an English accent.]]
** Amy Yasbeck, Mark Blankfield, Eric Allan Kramer, and Matthew Porretta, however, play this trope straight; Creator/DaveChappelle and Richard Lewis [[NotEvenBotheringWithTheAccent don't even bother with the accent.]]
* HeAlsoDid: Co-writer J. David Shapiro later did the screenplay for ''Film/BattlefieldEARTH''.
** Robin Hood is played by [[Film/ThePrincessBride Westley]] and [[Film/SawI Dr Gordon]]. Not to mention [[Anime/PorcoRosso Donald Curtis]].
** The kid who does the ''Film/HomeAlone'' parody played the protagonist of ''[[Series/MysteryScienceTheater3000 MST3K]]'' victim ''Film/QuestOfTheDeltaKnights''; he was also the star of the short-lived Disney show ''TeenAngel''.
** Bob Duncan from ''Series/GoodLuckCharlie'' plays Little John.
*** C'mon, we all know what we ''really'' recognize him for! Ator from The Other ''Troll 3''!
** Ahchoo looks [[Creator/DaveChappelle familiar]].
*** And his dad is [[WesternAnimation/SouthPark Chef]].
** As does [[Creator/PatrickStewart King Richard]].
*** Who once again is NotEvenBotheringWithTheAccent. In ''Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration'' he is a Frenchman with an English accent. In ''Film/RobinHoodMenInTights'' he is an Englishman with an Scottish accent... who ''historically'' was a [[RealityIsUnRealistic native French speaker.]]
** One of the rebels is Jerry Russo from ''WizardsOfWaverlyPlace''.
** Will Scarlet O'Hara later ended up voicing AlanWake and is [[Series/TheNewAdventuresOfRobinHood also Robin Hood]].
** Creator/MelBrooks, naturally, makes a cameo appearance as Rabbi Tuckman.
** The Sheriff of Rottingham is [[Series/TheWestWing Lord John Marbury]].
-->'''Random voice:''' Heeeey Abboooooot!
-->'''Abbot:''' I hate that guy!
* ProductionPosse: Dick Van Patten and Dom De Luise return.
* ThrowItIn: The part where Achoo pumps up his sneakers during a fight came about because Dave Chapelle happened to be wearing the shoes on set along with his costume. At first, Mel Brooks pointed out that they were '''somewhat''' anachronistic, but decided to make a joke about it.
* VindicatedByCable: A lot like with SpaceBalls, this movie found a bigger audience in home video.
* WhatMightHaveBeen: ProfessionalWrestling/HulkHogan was offered the role of Little John.