!!ABC's Revenge (2011)
* BillingDisplacement: Emily [=VanCamp=] is the lead, but Madeleine Stowe gets the first credit.
* TheDanza: Three - Emily [=VanCamp=] as Emily Thorne (true name Amanda Clarke), Emily Alyn Lind as Emily in flashbacks, and Ashley Madekwe as Ashley Davenport.
* DawsonCasting: 21-year-old Connor Paolo as Declan, who is 17 (at most).
** In "Damage," Charlotte states she's only 19. Christa B. Allen was indeed 19... when she ''started'' playing Charlotte; "Damage" aired a few days before her 22nd birthday.
** inverted with Emily (the real Amanda) who is about two years older than her actress Emily [=VanCamp=]
** TelevisionWithoutPity posters, at least, seem to have settled on Emanda for the main character, a portmanteau of her real name Amanda and her assumed identity as Emily.
** And now there's Amily for the original Emily Thorne, who Amanda switched identities with.
*** Fauxmanda is frequently used as well (even by the show's composer in his track titles).
** There's also Count Dogula for the seemingly immortal yellow lab.
*** Sammy The Immortal Dog was another.
* FakeAmerican: Emily [=VanCamp=] (Emily Thorne) and Henry Czerny (Conrad Grayson) are actually Canadian, and Josh Bowman (Daniel Grayson) is actually British.
** Elena Satine (Louise Ellis) was born in Georgia... as in the former Soviet republic of [[UsefulNotes/GeorgiaEurope Georgia]].
* FakeNationality: Canadian actress Karine Vanasse plays the French Margaux [=LeMarchal=], and American actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa plays the Japanese Satoshi Takeda.
* TheOtherDarrin: Satoshi Takeda was played by Hiroyuki Sanada in season 1 and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa in season 2.
* TheOtherMarty: Marc Blucas originally played Emily/Amanda's father in the Pilot but had to be recast when his commitment to ''Series/NecessaryRoughness'' made him unavailable for the number of episodes ABC wanted him for. James Tupper stepped into the role instead.
* PostScriptSeason: Season 4. The general consensus of fans and cast alike is that the decision to continue the show beyond Season 3 was primarily made to get the episode count to 88, making the show more marketable for syndication, rather than because it was narratively appropriate.
* SimilarlyNamedWorks: Madeleine Stowe was in the 1990 movie of the same name. [[spoiler: And in both cases her character got KilledOffForReal.]]
* ShoutOut: William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven And Hell gets quoted in "Perception."
** In "Disgrace," Nolan says, "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years," a quote from LL Cool J's 1990 song "Mama Said Knock You Out."