* CrossDressingVoices: Moro is voiced by a man in the Japanese version.
* ExecutiveMeddling: Thankfully averted, as opposed to earlier efforts to adapt Miyazaki's films into English. When word reached Miyazaki that ''Mononoke'' was being adapted into English, he allegedly sent the studio in charge a katana and a note comprised of only two words: "No cuts."
* ExtremelyLengthyCreation: [[HayaoMiyazaki Miyazaki]] took 16 years to fully develop the characters and plot of the film.
* HeyItsThatVoice: The English dub is ''made'' of this. Billy Crudup, Claire Daines, Gillian Anderson, Minnie Driver, Billy Bob Thornton, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Keith David, among others.
** The original Japanese version is an interesting case: This is the first Ghibli movie that doesn't use professional voice actors for the main characters, relying entirely on [[CelebrityVoiceActor celebrities]] for them. The only known professional with a named role in the movie is Creator/SumiShimamoto as Toki, Lady Eboshi's servant.
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Disney's sale of Miramax was in the way of any possible re-release in America for several years. Miramax' rights lapsed at some point and Disney re-issued the film (officially re-printing the original DVD release from Buena Vista Home Entertainment re-badged in Disney's Ghibli package design) in 2012.
* SoMyKidsCanWatch: Billy Bob Thornton explains on the DVD that this is part of the reason he took the part of Jigo. [[WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids Unfortunately...]]
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: The earliest concepts Miyazaki had that involved a Mononoke spirit was actually his re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.