* ActorAllusion: In "Lost and Found in Translation," the English voice of the Japanese Blue Ranger is provided by Jorge Vargas (Blake, the Navy Thunder Ranger in ''Series/PowerRangersNinjaStorm'').
* TheCastShowoff: Emma Lahana (Kira's actress) is a singer with several albums. She and her actual band get to show off more than a few times throughout the season.
* CreatorBacklash: To an extent. Jason David Frank made some negative comments about the Disney Era as a whole in an interview in 2013.
* DawsonCasting: Averted with Kira and Ethan, who were played by 19-year-olds Kevin Duhaney and Emma Lahana. Played straight with Conner and Trent, who were played by 21-year-old James Napier and 25-year-old Jeffrey Parazzo.
* ExecutiveMeddling: According to [[http://awwman.com/nps/main/2014/06/episode-180-interview-with-jeffrey-parazzo/ an interview with Jeffrey Parazzo]], Kira and Trent's relationship was actually going to go somewhere and have a payoff down the line, but thanks to Disney's [[NoHuggingNoKissing anti-romance policies]] it was quietly dropped as the series went on (apparently it got so bad that Kira and Trent were forbidden from having ''any sort'' of bodily contact). He also suggests that the first draft of ''Dino Thunder'' was somewhat different from what it ended up as, but gave no specifics.
* [[FountainOfExpies Iconic Character]]: Tommy
* MilestoneCelebration: The 500th episode "Legacy of Power".
** Also, "Fighting Spirit" aired on the 11th anniversary of the show's premiere.
* MissingEpisode: Not an episode, but there's a little bit of footage that most ''Dino Thunder'' fans would kill to see. On the day they were filming the video for Kira's song "Patiently," they were also filming some scenes with Mesogog. Latham Gaines says that the video filming ran long, so he's sitting around bored... until he had an idea. Somewhere, sitting on a dusty archive shelf, is footage of Gaines, ''in full Mesogog makeup'', singing Kira's song "Patiently," and according to him, he was going full Celine Dion on the whole thing.
* OneOfUs: Ethan, Devin, and Hayley.
* PropRecycling: The Tyrannodrones are heavily modified [[Series/PowerRangersLostGalaxy Stingwinger]] costumes.
* ThrowItIn: According to [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2llIzEqV4 this interview,]] the scene in the teamup with ''Ninja Storm'', with Rangers from both teams racing toward the battlefield, turned at some point into ''an actual race'' between the actors of each season.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: According to Catherine Sutherland, who played Kat Hillard, the Pink Ranger from the end of ''Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers'' to the first half of ''Series/PowerRangersTurbo'', they were going to bring her back, but couldn't because of cost. Presumably, she would have been Tommy's wife and likely filled Hayley's role.
** According to some sources, Zeltrax's real identity was supposed to be [[spoiler:Billy Cranston. Yes, ''[[Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers THAT]]'' Billy. But they couldn't get David Yost to return, so they made up a new character and played RememberTheNewGuy with him.]]
*** Other sources take the above a step further [[spoiler:by saying that Billy wasn't even the first choice the creators wanted to be Zeltrax's real identity. Wanna know who their first choice was? '''Jason'''. Arguably, this choice would have been the one with the most impact. Considering how close Tommy and Jason were in [[Series/MightyMorphinPowerRangers previous]] [[Series/PowerRangersZeo seasons]].]] However, none of these have been confirmed as possibilities by the actual writers.
** Devin was going to be the Triassic Ranger, but as ''Abaranger'' continued, it became apparent that rather than a separate hero it was just another SuperMode for Red, meaning these plans had to be discarded entirely.
** Had Jason David Frank not returned for this season, the Black Ranger would have been named Edward Payne. Because little was changed outside of the name, this lead to the canon issue of Tommy becoming a MadScientist in seven years.
* WordOfGod: The ''Zeo'' ChristmasEpisode showed Tommy and Katherine would be married in the future, but her not appearing in this season prompted fans to question that outcome (not that there hadn't been questioning for years prior to that, of course). When asked about this, though, Doug Sloan stated that Tommy and Kat getting married was still in-continuity.
** While not officially stated in the show proper, Douglas Sloan has stated that Hayley has the [[ShoutOut same last name]] of [[Series/VRTroopers Ziktor]].
*** Speaking of Hayley, She was planned to be revealed as a [[WordOfGay lesbian]] (under the [[GettingCrapPastTheRadar radar]], of course) in the season finale, It was unfortunately cut for time. Jackie Marchand reveals this thirty minutes into this [[http://tokuladiespodcast.libsyn.com/the-interview-series-jackie-marchand interview.]]
* WrittenInInfirmity: Jason David Frank couldn't be on set for the full season, so they [[PowerIncontinence worked around it]] by first "fossilizing" Dr. O in amber (at the end of "White Thunder, pt. 3"), then keeping him stuck in his Ranger suit (at the end of "Leader of the Whack", for ''10 episodes''), then turning him invisible (in "Disappearing Act") - for a total of 13 episodes (he came back in "Fighting Spirit").
* YouLookFamiliar: Katrina Devine, who was Marah in ''Ninja Storm'' and Cassidy in ''Dino Thunder''. Lampshaded in the crossover:
-->'''Both:''' That girl was so stunning! But ''I'' am so much prettier!
** James Napier as Conner in ''Dino Thunder'' and wannabe ninja Eric in the finale of ''Ninja Storm''. Lampshaded in "Legacy of Power", when Conner is the one who initially brings up Ninja Storm, and explains that he has a twin brother who briefly enrolled at the Wind Ninja Academy before dropping out. Strangely, the Ninja Rangers don't spot the resemblance.