Works in this franchise with their own Trivia pages:
!!Regarding the sequels
* Some of the gaps between ''Conquest'' and ''Battle'' were filled in by a 2005 six issue comic called ''Revolution on the Planet of the Apes''. It also contains some short stories, several of which fill in more of Caesar's backround and several set in the gap between ''Battle'' and the original film, obviously trying to bolster the circular timeline theory.
* ''Battle'' similarly had some stuff edited out, that, when put back, blatantly bolsters the circular timeline. There are scenes of the start of the mutant society from ''Beneath'' and a bit more involving the bomb.
!Regarding the TV series
* CanonDiscontinuity: The films are admant about how all dogs and cats were killed by a plague. But, in the TV series, what do the astronauts see in one episode? Yep, a dog. Someone must not've been paying attention to the films closely. (Although it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a few animals could've been immune…)
* EditedForSyndication: Some of the hour long episodes were edited together for local tv reruns as two hour 'movies'.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Urko is [[Series/StarTrekTheOriginalSeries Spock's dad]].
* MissingEpisode: "The Liberator" didn't air in the United States during the original run. This is due to the controversy of its plot, which culminates in a man stockpiling chemical weapons (crude poison gas bombs) in hopes of using them to wipe out the apes who oppress his village.
* OutlivedItsCreator: Producer Arthur P. Jacobs died while preparing the series.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: The series was cancelled partway through the creation of its fourteenth episode, meaning only the first thirteen were ever aired.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Urko was originally named Ursus (from ''Beneath''), then Urso.
** He would also have a son named Zonda.