* DevelopmentHell: The film's road from inception to release took nearly ''forty years'' (including a two and a half year period between production and release). The story idea had been around for long, that Creator/AlfredHitchcock(!) was initially attached to direct the film in the late 60's. The two and a half year pause between production and release was more bad luck than anything else. The original release date just happened to be around the same time as the D.C. Sniper killings, and the producers wisely decided to put some distance between that.
* EnforcedMethodActing: None of the extras were given instructions on what was happening, just that they should react accordingly. All of their reactions to shots being fired (and Stu's [[TearJerker confession]]) are genuine.
* FakeAmerican: Irishman Colin Farrell and Australian Radha Mitchell.
* HeyItsThatVoice: Kiefer Sutherland's voice is ''very'' recognizable. [[spoiler: It becomes HeyItsThatGuy at the very end.]]
* TheOtherMarty: Kiefer Sutherland's scenes were initially shot with Ron Eldard. Eldard's scenes were replaced after he didn't test well with the audience and studio.